We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Cell and Sort bug (v 2.1.0.9)

Hi,

There is a bug in the sorting feature of the grid. Grid displays the incorrect data in the following scenario:

1. Sort a column (int type) by clicking the column header.
2. Enter a value in the cell in the sorted column such that the column is no longer sorted.
3. Sort the column again.

You can see the entered value appearing twice in the grid.

How to resolve this issue. Please provide the solution.

Thanks,
Amiya

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 10:17 PM UTC

Hi Amiya,

You can handle CurrentCellMoved event and ending the edit on the binder forces the cached value to be cleared and makes the undo ''stick.''. Maybe something like this will work for you.

private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellMoved(object sender, GridCurrentCellMovedEventArgs e)
{
if(this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.IsEditing)
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.EndEdit();
}

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 11:07 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Its updating the wrong row. Please help.

Thanks,
Amiya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2007 10:32 PM UTC

Hi Amiya,

Before calling the Binder.EndEdit mehod, you need to call the CurrentCell.EndEdit method in the CurrentCellMoving event. Please try this and let me know if this helps.

[c#]
this.grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit(); //saves the currentcell
this.grid.Binder.EndEdit(); //removes the pencil

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2007 01:38 PM UTC

Haneef,

Even this does not work. Anyways, I figured out a way to do it by updating the datasource in currentcellvalidating event handler.

Thanks,
Amiya

AM Amiya March 30, 2007 02:32 AM UTC

Haneef,

An update on this. Updating the datasource and binding to grid again in currentcellvalidating event works only if the user edits the cell and press the return key to end the edit. If he click on any other cell to end the editing of the current cell then the above solution doesn't work.

I'm surprised over this behavior 'coz ultimately by clicking on any other cell or pressing the return key you are ending the edit!

How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Amiya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon