We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl and CallBackPanel... Urgent!!!

Hi,

The situation is, Ajax Timer used on the page. This timer raises an event every 10 seconds. In thtat event the DataTable is updated and the BindGrid() function is called.

The GridGroupingControl is present inside the CallBackPanel. When the BindGrid() function is called from the TimerTick event the pages refreshes and the GridGroupingControl datasource is updated.

What I want is that not the coimplete page should be refreshed but only the GridGrouping control be refreshed.

Thanks
Aditya

7 Replies

AP Aditya Pawar March 20, 2007 07:33 PM UTC

Hi,

I tried to use Ajax UpdatePanel to solve this problem. Timer used was placed in update panel to solve the refreshing of the page.
It does solves the problem but I receive a "Value cannot be : null. Parameter name : inputString" after the event was raised twice.

Thanks
Aditya

>Hi,

The situation is, Ajax Timer used on the page. This timer raises an event every 10 seconds. In thtat event the DataTable is updated and the BindGrid() function is called.

The GridGroupingControl is present inside the CallBackPanel. When the BindGrid() function is called from the TimerTick event the pages refreshes and the GridGroupingControl datasource is updated.

What I want is that not the coimplete page should be refreshed but only the GridGrouping control be refreshed.

Thanks
Aditya

RS Rachael Smith March 21, 2007 01:40 PM UTC

Hi,

I am doing something similar but with a button to update the page rather than a timer but i think you should easily be able to fire the event with a timer instead of a button.

button or timer calls the javascript:

javascript function uses callback refresh:
function getSelectedIndex()
{
// Here we want to send a callback to the CallbackPanel1 with some argument.
// The server can update the panel contents and let it be refreshed.
// See CallbackPanel1_CallbackRefresh event) for more info
//Note:if you happen to use the callbackpanel control within a UserControl or a MasterPage then
//the client object instance name will be scoped by the UserControl instance's id
// In this sample if the UserControl’s id is "WebUserControl1", then the callbackpanel’s client instance can be invoked as "__sfWebUserControl1_CallbackPanel1.callback(param);"

__sfCallbackPanel1.callback(null);
}

method in code behind to do your datasetting and binding:
protected void CallbackPanel1_CallbackRefresh(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.CancellableCallbackEventArgs e)
{
//your binding code

}

surround gridgrouping control with:

//grid grouping control

I'm by no means an expert at this but hope it helps :)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 01:45 PM UTC

This forum is awful because it looks like any javascript code you write is actually embedded in the page.

function myTest(){

alert('Can you run Javascript in this page?');
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 01:46 PM UTC

ok no but the button is rendered which doesn't help when giving examples

AP Aditya Pawar March 21, 2007 02:56 PM UTC

Hi,

I downloaded the sample for CalBackPanel http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/UpdateUsingcallbackPanel42263_c3136e12.zip

It uses button click to call the javascript function and executes __sfCallbackPanel1.callback(null);

What I want is that page should not be refreshed, only the GridGrouping in the CallBackPanel should be refreshed with the new data.

Thanks
Aditya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 04:08 PM UTC

Hi,

My page has a grouping grid in the callback panel and lots of different textboxes etc outside the panel. When I click my button only the grid is updated. The page does not flash and get repainted and all the textboxes, checkboxes etc retain their values. Only the grid values get updated as expected. If the page is doing a fullpost back are you sure it is not being caused by something else at the same time? This method should work as you wish it to.

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 07:50 PM UTC

Hi ,

Attached is the modified version of our sample in which the GridGroup is placed inside the Callback panel.

Forum_GridCallbackPanel_58209.zip

* In our sample, we edit the record and update the record through the callbackPanel refresh event.

Note:

we found that EnableCallback has set as "False" in the pervious version of our sample(UpdateUsingcallbackPanel42263). This is the cause of issue. So you to turn on the EnableCallback as "True". Setting the EnableCallback as "True" will edit the record without refreshing the entire page.

Kindly let us know if it helps.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon