We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Regarding same "Y" axis scaling for some set of points(series)

Hi All,

Anyone please help me how do i show a "Y" scaling for more then one chartseries ? i am using seperate "chartaxis" for my "Y" axis scaling.

i am using syncfusion version 4.4.0.52 and .net2.0

please reply me ASAP.

Thanks and Regards
K.Sathishkumar

6 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 20, 2007 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Satishkumar,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Could you please provide me with some more information with regard to the condition that you have mentioned here, so that it would help us in meeting your requirement exactly?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

SK Sathishkumar Kaliavaradhan March 20, 2007 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Ramya,

Thanks for your reply...

Currently i am adding seperate ChartAxis scaling in "Y" axis for each chartseries in left side of chart control. But what i want is only one "Y" axis scaling for same set of points (Example:same "Y" axis scaling for all the analog point chartseries and same "Y" axis scaling for all the digital point chartseries like that because all the analog point value we can mark it in single scaling).

I hope now you got my requirement.

can you please provide me the way to achieve

Thanks and Regards
K.Sathishkumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2007 07:48 PM UTC

Hi Sathishkumar,

Thank you for the update.

I have shown the two different scaling in Primary Y-axis by changing the location and size of the Primary and secondary axis. Please refer to the following code snippet.

[ C# ]

protected void SetAxes()
{
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.AutoSize = false;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Size = new SizeF(0, this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Height / 2 );

axis1.LocationType = ChartAxisLocationType.Set;
axis1.Location = new PointF(this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.Location.X, (this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Bottom - this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Height / 2) - this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Height/15);
axis1.AutoSize = false;
axis1.Size = new SizeF(0, this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Height/2- this.chartControl1.ChartArea.RenderBounds.Height/15 );

this.chartControl1.Redraw(true);
}

Please have a look at this sample and let me know if this helps you.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/32713/main.htm

If your intention is to show same Y- axis scale with different SeriesType. Please refer to the following attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/32713_1/main.htm

Please let me know with screen shot if I have missed your requirement.

Regards,
Rajesh

SK Sathishkumar Kaliavaradhan March 21, 2007 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

I think you didn't got my requirement.Currently i am showing seperate "Y" axis scaling(Secondary axis) for each chartseries and also All the series line type are same.

But what i want is instead of showing seperate "Y" axis for all the series.I want to show only one "Y" axis scaling for multiple series of same value type.
(Example: only one "Y" axis (secondary axis) for all the series value type analog and only one "Y" axis (secondary axis) for all the series value type digital).

i hope now you got my point.

please provide me an example for that to do.

Thanks and Regards
K.Sathishkumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Satishkumar,

If your intention is to have two secondaryYAxis with each axis having mutiple series then it can be done by creating two secondaryAxis and assigning the series.YAxis property of each series to the corresponding axis as below,

series.YAxis= axis1;
series1.YAxis=axis1;
series2.YAxis= axis1;

Also kindly take a look at the attached sample.

In this sample, two secondary axis are created and each secondaryaxis has three series belonging to it.

You can download the sample from the below Webpage link,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F58161/main.htm

Let me know whether this helps you.

Also could you please provide us with a screenshot regarding your requirement if we are wrong in getting you, so that it would be helpful to us in meeting your requirement?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

SK Sathishkumar Kaliavaradhan March 23, 2007 08:17 AM UTC

Hi Ramya,

Thanks for your answer...

It is working fine.

Thanks and Regards
K.Sathishkumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon