We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Capitalization

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

58096 Mar 18,2007 07:16 AM Mar 22,2007 10:22 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: EditControl
Perry
Asked On March 18, 2007 07:16 AM

Is there a way to have the editor automatically capitalize the keys words as VS 2005 IDE does in VB.NET?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 19, 2007 10:43 PM

Hi Perry,

It is possible to automatically capitalize the key words using the OnCustomDraw event. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Sample

Perry
Replied On March 22, 2007 02:51 AM

Interesting. This capitalizes the first character only. I was looking more for having the caps looks like the declaration in the config file.
For example my config file has this line:

So I expect if I type "isnot" it will convert to "IsNot". In VB.NET key words are not always capitalized with first letter only.

Anyway you example gave me an idea. I could parse the config file in the OnCustomDraw and replace the key word with the one from the config file myself. A lot of headache when I see no reason why the control shouldn't do this by default. Users can then use the config file to control this.

>Hi Perry,

It is possible to automatically capitalize the key words using the OnCustomDraw event. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Sample

Perry
Replied On March 22, 2007 03:14 AM

I want to inherit from EditControl so that I can put this caps feature in a custom control rather than in an event. This is because I am using the edit control in many areas and don't want to maintain the event in all places. However I don't see on override "OnCustomDraw". Only the event "OnCustomDraw". Is it called something else? If not what method should I override?

Thanks
Perry

>Hi Perry,

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Sample

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 22, 2007 10:22 PM

Hi Perry,

It is possible to capitalize like the declaration in the configuration file using the OnCustomDraw event. It is also possible to use this feature in several EditControl's. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Sample

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;