We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Replacement drop-down ColorEdit

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

5805 Jul 17,2003 11:06 PM UTC Jul 18,2003 03:29 PM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Michael Pittman
Asked On July 17, 2003 11:06 PM UTC

What would be the best way to approach creating a replacement for the default "ColorEdit" cell type with one that behaves better? For example, I'd like to mimic the way colors are shown and edited in the property grid and do it the same way in the grid. That is, colors should display a color swatch on the left and to the right a text version of the color. In addition, I'd like to change the standard UI color picker with one that implements a color wheel.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 18, 2003 03:29 PM UTC

> What would be the best way to approach creating a replacement for the default "ColorEdit" cell type with one that behaves better? > > For example, I'd like to mimic the way colors are shown and edited in the property grid and do it the same way in the grid. That is, colors should display a color swatch on the left and to the right a text version of the color. In addition, I'd like to change the standard UI color picker with one that implements a color wheel. > Here is a link to a sample that ships with the product. Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropdownGrid This sample shows how to drop a second grid from a button in a grid cell. You could follow a similar pattern to drop some custom color dialog. You could draw the color swatch using a CellDrawn event.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;