We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Word to PDF Conversion

Is Word (.Doc) to PDF Conversion fully supported at present.If not is it planned to be supported?

What would cause the following exception to occur when processing an XML file generated from an existing Word document : -

Collection cannot serialize if Document property is NULL
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Syncfusion.DLS.XDLSException: Collection cannot serialize if Document property is NULL

-------------------------------

When using your sample Document it processes fine however when using a simple word 2003 document with no images just formatted text the above occurs (when reading the xml file into the pdf format).

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2007 12:26 PM UTC

Hi David,

Currently we do not have full support for this feature. We provide it as utility for those who own both the products. This can be used only for the converting "simple" word documents to PDF.

Herewith I have attached a sample for your reference

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/DocIO.Windows/F57746/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2007 12:41 PM UTC

Thanks i have this sample and have managed to write my own version of it for use however i cannot seem to get it to convert any documents other than the one you provide with the sample the exception i get is detailed in the first message i posted....

Do you have any ideas what could be the issue with the word documents that would cause this problem?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 06:06 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

"Collection cannot serialize if Document property is NULL " - Error occurs during conversion from Doc to PDF. This is been identified as a bug[Defect #3729] and its been forwarded to our development team already. I will let you know the status in two days.

Regards,
Sarath

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2007 11:21 AM UTC

Thank you.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2007 01:29 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your update. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Sarath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon