We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

No SelectedTab property in TabControlAdv

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

58016 Mar 15,2007 09:00 PM UTC Apr 17,2007 08:58 AM UTC Windows Forms 5
Tags: Tools
Jeff Lancaster
Asked On March 15, 2007 09:00 PM UTC

I don't seem to be seeing a SelectedTab property in my TabControlAdv. I do have a Selected Index property, but don't know the index of the TabPage I want to select. I would think I could do it like "Me.TabControlAdvance.SelectedTab = TabPage" as this is how I could do it with the standard TabControl, but again I have no "SelectedTab" property. Help? Thanks.

Golda Rebecal [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 16, 2007 08:16 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

We do provide support for SelectedTab property in TabControlAdv. The following code snippet illustrates this.

//Set SelectedTab property of the TabControlAdv
Me.tabControlAdv1.SelectedTab = Me.tabPageAdv2

Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

TabControlAdv

Best Regards,
Golda

Jeff Lancaster
Replied On March 16, 2007 02:50 PM UTC

Ah yes, you're right...thanks Golda. The weird thing is that "SelectedTab" wasn't showing up in my intellisense, however I seem to be able to use it fine.

This is strange - here is what is happening. I have a TabControlAdv control on a form called TCAdvWorkOrders. When I type "Me.TCAdvWorkOrders." I get my expected intellisense dialog. I scroll down to see the properties and methods available to me and I have "SelectedIndex" and "SelectNextTab" but no "SelectedTab" property shows up in between these two. Now If I start typing "selectedt" when I get to the "t" the property shows up in the list! I often rely on my intellisense list to quickly see what properties and methods are available for an object so it would be nice to know what causes this and fix it if possible. This is the first time I recall experiencing something like this, and perhaps it's a Visual Studio issue rather than a Syncfusion one, but any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Jeff

Murugan [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 9, 2007 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the long delay in responding. I have tested the SelectedTab not shown issue in v4.4. In this version, the SelectedTab property is shown properly. Could you please let me know your Essential Studio version details?

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

Jeff Lancaster
Replied On April 16, 2007 04:48 PM UTC

Murugan,

I am using version 4.4.0.51.

Thanks, Jeff

Poly J [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 17, 2007 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I am able to see this issue in VB project. I have forwarded this issue to our development team.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Poly

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;