We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ButtonEdit problem

Hi.

I have a problem that is driving me crazy and I hope it can be resolved easly. I have included a sample application. To reproduce error open Form1 in the Designer. Now press F5 to start application.

Form1 should crash in the designer during compile process with this message:

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

The file F:\WindowsApplication2\WindowsApplication2\Form1.cs cannot be modified in the designer while building or debugging.
Hide

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.OnModifying()
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.OnComponentRemoving(Object sender, ComponentEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.ComponentEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, ComponentEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.RemoveFromContainerPreProcess(IComponent component, IContainer container)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.Remove(IComponent component)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.DestroyComponent(IComponent component)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Design.ButtonEditDesigner.host_LoadComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.OnLoadComplete(EventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerLoaderHost.EndLoad(String rootClassName, Boolean successful, ICollection errorCollection)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.OnEndLoad(Boolean successful, ICollection errors)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.OnEndLoad(Boolean successful, ICollection errors)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerLoaderService.DependentLoadComplete(Boolean successful, ICollection errorCollection)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.BeginLoad(DesignerLoader loader)

Thanks.

WindowsApplication228.zip

5 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 17, 2007 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I am able to reproduce the issue of the crash of Form1 in the designer with your sample. This is because of some code changes in the InitializeComponent method.

I deleted Form1 and recreated it again and everything works fine. Please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

ButtonEdit

Best Regards,
Golda

SR Srdjan March 19, 2007 08:27 AM UTC

In my original sample, Form1 is derived from Form2.

public partial class Form1 : Form2

With this, your sample crashes as described. Unfortunately I need this line of code in my real project.

Any other ideas?

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 01:41 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

The issue of designer being crashed when ButtonEdit is placed in a derived form and executed in debug mode has been identified as a bug and has been internally escalated. We will provide a fix timeline within 2 business days.

Thanks for being patient.

Best Regards,
Golda

SR Srdjan March 23, 2007 01:40 PM UTC

Hi.

Can you give me timeline for this issue??

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team April 3, 2007 07:47 AM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident with the subject line "ButtonEdit problem - F57993" so that we can give more details regarding the fix?

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon