We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

line chart data too close to axis

Hi,

I have a line chart with a thickness of 20 pixels. In the example I have attached, there are two lines. Because the orange line is close to the x-axis, you can only see half of the pixels. (Compare the thickness with the blue line).

Is there a way that I can move all of the data up a little bit so that I can see the entire orange line?

I suppose I could achieve acceptable behavior by adding one more unit (in this example, make the minimum -1 instead of 0), but then I would need to prevent the -1 from being displayed.

Can you advise how to do this, or provide any workarounds?

Thank you, BenT

ChartDataNearAxis.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2007 08:58 PM UTC

Hi BenT,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

You can move the all data up by using Offset property of primary Y-axis. Please refer to the following code snippet.

[ C# ]

this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Offset =1;

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Rajesh

BT Ben Tsai March 16, 2007 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

This isn't exactly what I was looking for. I tried out setting ChartControl.PrimaryYAxis.Offset to 1, and this does move the data up away from the y-axis. But, it also moves the above data off the chart.

I have attached another example that demonstrates this. If you toggle the checkbox that sets the offset, you will see that the blue bar disappears. What I want is a way to add some kind of padding to both ends of the data. Does that make sense?

Thank you,
BenT

Syncfusion 4.4.0.51
VS 2005

>Hi BenT,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

You can move the all data up by using Offset property of primary Y-axis. Please refer to the following code snippet.

[ C# ]

this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Offset =1;

Regards,
Rajesh

ChartDataNearAxis0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2007 02:39 AM UTC

Hi BanT,

Thank you for the update.

I have modified your sample. In this sample will support the padding for both end of the data. Please have a look at this sample and let me know if this helps you.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ChartDataNearAxis_198776d.zip

You can change the offset value of padding by using user define function PaddingBothEnd(offset).

Regards,
Rajesh

BT Ben Tsai March 19, 2007 04:36 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

This is much closer to what I am looking for. Can you show me how to do this if the PrimaryYAxis is of ValueType DateTime? I couldn't figure out how to specify the position of the label with the ChartAxisLabel constructor.

Thank you,
BenT

>Hi BanT,

I have modified your sample. In this sample will support the padding for both end of the data. Please have a look at this sample and let me know if this helps you.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ChartDataNearAxis_198776d.zip

You can change the offset value of padding by using user define function PaddingBothEnd(offset).

Regards,
Rajesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 09:34 PM UTC

Hi BenT,

You can convert double to DateTime using DateTime.FromOADate() function and also set format for DateTime, Please refer to the following code snippet.

[ C# ]
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Labels.Add(new ChartAxisLabel(DateTime.FromOADate(i).ToString("MM/dd/yyyy") , Color.Black , new Font("Times New Roman", 12), i, "", ChartValueType.Custom));

Also kindly take a look at the attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F57990/main.htm

Regards,
Rajesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon