We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenus: trigger UpdateUI

Does anyone know of anyway of triggering the UpdateUI event without popping up a menu? I've got toolbars that are not being updated properly.

3 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team March 12, 2007 11:08 PM UTC

Hi Nelson,

This could be achieved by calling PerformUpdateUI() method of BarItem class. Here is the code snippet

this.barItem1.PerformUpdateUI();

Please refer to the code snippet above and let me know if it helps you.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

ND Nelson Druding March 15, 2007 08:16 PM UTC

Thanks Murugan,

Is there anyway to trigger ALL the UpdateUI functions without calling them individually? I've got a syncfusion diagram that has various tools that are active based upon what elements are selected. I'd like to update all the toolbars whenever an item is selected. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Nelson Drueding

>Hi Nelson,

This could be achieved by calling PerformUpdateUI() method of BarItem class. Here is the code snippet

this.barItem1.PerformUpdateUI();

Please refer to the code snippet above and let me know if it helps you.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team March 28, 2007 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Nelson,

You could trigger the UpdateUI event without popping up a menu. The UpdateUI event will be called when the following situation.

1.ParentBarItem hosting this BarItem is dropped-down.
2.When the BarItem is hosted in a toolbar.
3.When the application goes into an idle state.
4.When a shortcut corresponding to this item is about to be processed.

You can turn on this behavior throughout the menu structure by setting the BarManager.UpdateUIMFCStyle to True. For XPToolbars and ParentBarItems that are outside the scope of a BarManager, Set the UpdateUIMFCStyle property in those instances explicitly.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Thanks,
Venugopal M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon