We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Persist Toolbar Visibility

All of the other toolbar properties are persisted such as the position and which buttons are displayed. However, my application doesn't seem to remember which toolbars were displayed - does Syncfusion support this?

5 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 17, 2003 06:11 PM UTC

Yes, the toolbar visibility is also persisted by default. Could you please verify this in our samples and provide us a way to reproduce this issue (if you do see it happen in our samples). Thanks Praveen

NV Nik Vale July 17, 2003 08:54 PM UTC

I was able to resolve my problem. I had configured my toolbars to be hidden in the designer (because I don't want them to be displayed by default). However, it seems that processing the persistant data will only cause toolbars to be HIDDEN. So even though the persistant data says that a toolbar is NOT HIDDEN it will not actually display the toolbar as it assumes that it is already displayed. Does that make sense?

NV Nik Vale July 17, 2003 09:31 PM UTC

I am having trouble hiding toolbars programmatically... I use the following code to hide the toolbar the first time my application is run... this.MyBar.BarStyle &= ~BarStyle.Visible; This hides the toolbar but it doesn't seem to update the persistant storage so the next time I run my application the toolbar is visible again. Any help is always appreciated.

NV Nik Vale July 17, 2003 09:39 PM UTC

I found the answer! myMainFrameBarManager.GetCommandBarManager().SetBarVisibility(myBar, false);

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 18, 2003 02:47 PM UTC

Nik, Yes, we addressed that in our KB. -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon