We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to retrieve data from a grid using QTP 9.1 ?

Hello,

I' m using Mercury's QTP 9.1 test tool to automate testing for an .Net windows application which include SYNCFUSION Grid grouping Controls. Test Studio 4.2 is installed.

QTP recognizes the grid as SwfObject only (or SwfTable if I put a MappedTo="SwfTable" in the Config.xml file in QTP envt, i don't know what is the best, SwfObject or SwfTable ???)

SwfWindow("Form1").SwfObject("gridGroupingControl1").SetCurrentCell 830,"NameID"
SwfWindow("Form1").SwfObject("gridGroupingControl1").MouseDown 2,"Name","Left"
!
!
!

How can I do to retrieve all the data from the grid and compare them with my SQL database ?

Thanks for your help.

16 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2007 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Oliv,

SwfObject is the best way, because If the Grid is recognized as an object, it will record all the methods as implemented in the Custom Server.

This recording is good:

SwfWindow("Form1").SwfObject("gridGroupingControl1").SetCurrentCell 830,"NameID"

To retrieve the data, we will look in to it a bit more about any helper methods and will update you within 2 days time.

Best Regards,
Siva

SG Subha Ganeshan May 14, 2007 01:52 PM UTC

Hi,

I am facing the problem of QTP 9.1 not recognising Suncfusion data grids properly.
It is recognised as SwfObjects.
Incase i need to install Test Studio,Should I uninstall QTP for this ?
Please give a solution for this .

Regards,
Subha Ganeshan

>Hi Oliv,

SwfObject is the best way, because If the Grid is recognized as an object, it will record all the methods as implemented in the Custom Server.

This recording is good:

To retrieve the data, we will look in to it a bit more about any helper methods and will update you within 2 days time.

Best Regards,
Siva

TK Thomas K Syncfusion Team May 22, 2007 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Subha,

Essential TestStudio is an package that consists of customized dlls that helps our Grid and Tools control recognised in QTP. As Syncfusion controls are customized, it gets recorded in QTP as Swfobject.

To know more about our Essential Test Studio, please visit our KB:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/teststudio/Default.aspx

Regards,
Thomas

PR Pradeep August 28, 2007 07:43 AM UTC

Hi ,

I trying to Automate with QTP9.2 an .net appli which is using Syncfusion controls,QTP is unable to recognise the controls under the grid like Buttons etc , how should i goahead.

pls help.

Regards,
Pradeep

RB Robert Burns August 29, 2007 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

How do I actually install Essentail TestStudio? Is this installed as part of the Essential Studio installation process? I have access to 4.4.0.51 through work.

Thanks,

Rob.

>Hi Subha,

Essential TestStudio is an package that consists of customized dlls that helps our Grid and Tools control recognised in QTP. As Syncfusion controls are customized, it gets recorded in QTP as Swfobject.

To know more about our Essential Test Studio, please visit our KB:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/teststudio/Default.aspx

Regards,
Thomas

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 29, 2007 03:01 PM UTC

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential TestStudio.

Essential TestStudio does not support QTP9.2 for all the expected functionalities supported in QTP9.1. Our Development team is working on including the support for the QTP9.2. We will update you once we get an update from our Development team.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 29, 2007 03:04 PM UTC

Hi Rob,

The Essential TestStudio is a seperate install, that will not come with the Essential Studio.

Could you please create an incident under your DirectTrac account, so that we will send you the download details?

Regards,
Nanda

RB Robert Burns September 4, 2007 07:25 AM UTC

Hi,

I have installed TestStudio and configured the QTP config files as suggsted but still not able to recognise the syncfusion grids as expected. I'm running QTP9.1 with .Net 9.1 add-in.

What the best way to get some support to work through this? Are there any known issues with this support for QTP9.1?

Thanks,

Rob.

>Hi Rob,

The Essential TestStudio is a seperate install, that will not come with the Essential Studio.

Could you please create an incident under your DirectTrac account, so that we will send you the download details?

Regards,
Nanda

AR Amrit Raj December 31, 2007 05:15 AM UTC

>Hello,

I' m using Mercury's QTP 9.1 test tool to automate testing for an .Net windows application which include SYNCFUSION Grid grouping Controls. Test Studio 4.2 is installed.

QTP recognizes the grid as SwfObject only (or SwfTable if I put a MappedTo="SwfTable" in the Config.xml file in QTP envt, i don't know what is the best, SwfObject or SwfTable ???)

!
!
!

How can I do to retrieve all the data from the grid and compare them with my SQL database ?

Thanks for your help.

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team September 29, 2009 03:57 AM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay.

The Swfobject is the best way to retrieve the as we have implemented it as the object in the Addon, and we provided support by specifying the methods to retrieve the cells internally.
The GetCellData method is used to retrive the content of the cell from the underlying data source, and The GetFormattedText is used to get the text of the cells that has been displayed on the cells.

Please refer the example script:
msgbox SwfWindow("Form1").SwfObject("gridGroupingControl1").GetCellData(3,3)
msgbox SwfWindow("Form1").SwfObject("gridGroupingControl1").GetFormattedText(3,3)

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

RA raj June 3, 2011 09:53 PM UTC

HI ,

i am also facing the same issue on retrieving data from Grid.
For me the object is recognized as swfObject("gridcontrol")
But this object did not have rows and columns.

How to read the text available in the text area?
I have attached the screenshots of my application

Thanks,
Rajendran

QTP_5986bf9b.rar

RJ Rajesh Jayaram February 8, 2012 07:17 AM UTC

Hi,

We are using QTP along with Essential Studio to automate our application.

We are unable to fetch the celldata from a grid that is identified as 'SwfObject'. 'GetCellData' method is not fetching the cell data. However, we had used 'GetCellData' for other grids and we were successful in data retrieval.

I am unable to proceed further. Please help me to fetch the cell data from this grid.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Rajesh

AS Asarudheen S Syncfusion Team February 28, 2012 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the update.

Please make use of "GetFormattedText" method to retrieve the cell data .This issue will be raised due to set the style through "QueryCellStyleInfo" or "PrepareviewStyleInfo" in your application.This issue will not be occur when you assign the text directly to the grid cell. Also we are glad to let you know this issue "GetCellData" method has been fixed in our current version (10.1.0.44). Please migrate to our later version to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Asarudheen.

SR Shardul Ranade December 8, 2015 08:37 AM UTC

Hi,

Can you please share link to download Essential TestStudio ?

Regards,
Shardul ranade

SR Shardul Ranade December 8, 2015 08:54 AM UTC

Also could you please let me if we can use it with Essential Studio 7.x, .net framework 4.0 and UFT 12.01

Regards,
Shardul Ranade

SA Solai A L Syncfusion Team December 10, 2015 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Shardul,

Thank you for your update.

Also could you please let me if we can use it with Essential Studio 7.x, .net framework 4.0 and UFT 12.01

No, our ES 7.x doesnot support .net frame work 4.0.

Note : Please use our current version 13.x are three versions back from this. So, that it would support 4.0 and above.

link to download Essential TestStudio

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/version-history

Thanks,

AL.Solai.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon