We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chart placement on asp.net web page strange

Hi,
When i place a chart control on an asp.net page it does not seem to be located properly. For example in the attachment half of the chart is off the screen to the left!
I've tried this on pages with CSS, tables, divs etc etc and i cannot get the chart to be where i want it to be unless i use style="margin-left: somevalue". I shouldn't need to do this. Why is it happening?

chartexample1.zip

3 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 9, 2007 07:42 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I was not able to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here.
I dragdropped the ChartWebControl from the toolbox to the design view and I was able to view the entire Chart.

Could you please take a look at the attached sample and modify it to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned here and send it back to us?

You can download the sample from the below given Webpage link,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Web/4.4.0.51/F57693/main.htm

In this sample, I have just dragdropped the ChartWebControl from the toolbox to the design view and have set the OutputFormat as Handler.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

JB James Brand March 9, 2007 02:46 PM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I've discovered the issue only seems to arrise when a style="text-align: center" is used. I've added this to the div tag so you can see how this knocks the placement of the graph out. This problem also seems to occure when
is used, table contructs with align=center set etc etc. I can't think of any other ways of centering a chart on the page.
Regards,
James

>Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I was not able to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here.
I dragdropped the ChartWebControl from the toolbox to the design view and I was able to view the entire Chart.

Could you please take a look at the attached sample and modify it to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned here and send it back to us?

You can download the sample from the below given Webpage link,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Web/4.4.0.51/F57693/main.htm

In this sample, I have just dragdropped the ChartWebControl from the toolbox to the design view and have set the OutputFormat as Handler.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Chart_Design.zip

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 13, 2007 08:24 AM UTC

Hi James,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I was able to reproduce the condition with regard to centering the ChartControl using div. But I was not able to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here while centering the chart using table with align = center set.

I was able to center the chart by setting the align=center for the table inside which the chart is placed.

Kindly take a look at the attached sample. The sample can be downloaded from the below given Webpage link,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Web/4.4.0.51/F57693_II/main.htm

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon