We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Web Menu

Morning,
However I am having issues using the menu control. I'm trying to implement the web menu control but I keep getting the issue of having two
tags. The AdminMenu.aspx page requires a tag for the hidden fields(???) but my other pages also require a tag.

It works fine if the other ASPX page doesn't have a tag such as my default.aspx page.

I'm calling the menu from all of my ASPX pages like this (including the default.aspx page):

I've attached the AdminMenu.aspx page.

Any suggestions on the implementation I'm using would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple.

I'm using VS 2005, C#, .Net 2.0, Syncfusion.Tools.Web Menu control (Version=4.402.0.51)

Thanks

AdminMenu.zip

7 Replies

DA David March 8, 2007 04:22 PM UTC

Morning,
I see the code didn't paste correctly on the last post. I've included the method call in the zip.

Thanks Dave

>Morning,
However I am having issues using the menu control. I'm trying to implement the web menu control but I keep getting the issue of having two tags. The AdminMenu.aspx page requires a tag for the hidden fields(???) but my other pages also require a tag.

It works fine if the other ASPX page doesn't have a tag such as my default.aspx page.

I'm calling the menu from all of my ASPX pages like this (including the default.aspx page):

I've attached the AdminMenu.aspx page.

Any suggestions on the implementation I'm using would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple.

I'm using VS 2005, C#, .Net 2.0, Syncfusion.Tools.Web Menu control (Version=4.402.0.51)

Thanks

AdminMenu.zip

AdminMenu0.zip

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 9, 2007 08:30 AM UTC

Hi David,

As per your attached sample 'AdminMenu0.zip', you have placed the outside the tag which is causing the issue. All the ASP.NET controls will cause a issue when placed outside the tag.

You can have 2 '' tags with runat='server' attribute in your aspx page. But the second tag has to be placed in a Panel and its visibility must be set to false. Otherwise you will get an error as 'A page can have only one server-side Form tag'. So to overcome this issue you should set the visibility of one tag to false, while the other is set to true.

Kindly refer the attached sample, which will help you to achieve the same.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/4.4.0.51/F_57681/main.htm

As per the above sample, you can display only one 'Menu' at the time, since only one form is visible at a time.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Valli

DA David March 9, 2007 08:43 PM UTC

Valli,
Let me give this a try and I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Dave

>Hi David,

As per your attached sample 'AdminMenu0.zip', you have placed the outside the tag which is causing the issue. All the ASP.NET controls will cause a issue when placed outside the tag.

You can have 2 '' tags with runat='server' attribute in your aspx page. But the second tag has to be placed in a Panel and its visibility must be set to false. Otherwise you will get an error as 'A page can have only one server-side Form tag'. So to overcome this issue you should set the visibility of one tag to false, while the other is set to true.

As per the above sample, you can display only one 'Menu' at the time, since only one form is visible at a time.

Regards,
Valli

DA David March 9, 2007 09:34 PM UTC

Valli,
It's not going to work the way my site is designed.

I have two menu aspx pages, one for admin and one for the normal users. I use the include file to add these in there own panel on each of the many aspx pages within the application. If a user logs in and has admin rights, I set the pnlMenu visibility to false and set the pnlAdmin visibility to true. Only one menu panel will be visible at a time so that's not the issue.

If I use the menu control each of the menu pages require a form tag. Each application page also has a form tag thus this design won't work; I can't set the panel visibility to false; the menu wouldn't appear, and I can't set the visibility to false on the form tag on the aspx page the menu is included on or the page would not display the its data.

Since I don't want to include the entire menu structure in each page, I'll stick to the menu method I currently have. The current menu aspx pages don't require a separate form tag in them.

Unless there is another way... I really like the menu control and would prefer to use it if I can figure out the best way. I'll keep working on it though and if I can come up with a suitable work around, I'll let you know

Thanks,
Dave

>Valli,
Let me give this a try and I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Dave

>Hi David,

Regards,
Valli

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 13, 2007 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have placed the 'Menu' in 2 user controls as 'Admin' and 'User'. When the user login in as 'Admin', 'Admin.ascx' gets displayed in the 'Main.aspx' page. When the user login in as 'User' , 'User.ascx' gets displayed in the 'Main.aspx' Page.

Instead of using 'include' I have used 'User Control' to achieve the functionality described by you.

Kindly refer the attached sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/4.4.0.51/F1_57681/main.htm

Please try running the sample and let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Valli

DA David March 13, 2007 01:18 PM UTC

Valli,
I'll give this a try and let you know.

Thanks - Dave

>Hi Dave,

I have placed the 'Menu' in 2 user controls as 'Admin' and 'User'. When the user login in as 'Admin', 'Admin.ascx' gets displayed in the 'Main.aspx' page. When the user login in as 'User' , 'User.ascx' gets displayed in the 'Main.aspx' Page.

Instead of using 'include' I have used 'User Control' to achieve the functionality described by you.

Regards,
Valli

DA David March 14, 2007 12:49 PM UTC

Valli,
It works as advertised! Just had to make a few layout adjustments but all is well.

Thanks for your quick response and a solution to my issue.
Dave

>Valli,
I'll give this a try and let you know.

Thanks - Dave

>Hi Dave,

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon