We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Asp.net 2.0 Deployment Problem

I am trying to deploy web site using web setup project. It is deploying and installing properly. But when we give address of the application as http://localhost/virdir,
it is giving an error in the configuration file near tag.
I tried all the ways of deployment, but this is not getting resolved.
Please help me out in this metter.

Thanks.

9 Replies

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 8, 2007 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Shraddha,

I am afraid that I couldn't reproduce the issue specified by you. Could you please let us know which Syncfusion controls you are using in your application, so that it will be helpful for us for further investigation?

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Valli

IN Ivica Nikolic April 20, 2007 08:48 AM UTC

I had the similar situation. You have to install syncfusion control.

>I am trying to deploy web site using web setup project. It is deploying and installing properly. But when we give address of the application as http://localhost/virdir,
it
is giving an error in the configuration file near tag.
I tried all the ways of deployment, but this is not getting resolved.
Please help me out in this metter.

Thanks.

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team April 20, 2007 10:01 PM UTC

Hi Ivica,

Could you please go through the below link and let us know if your problem still exists.

Please take a look at the "Deploying Essential Studio for Asp.Net" in "Getting Started" section of the Essential Studio Users Guide.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/library/default.aspx

In the mean while, could you please take a look at our Web deployment guide which describes about Deploying Syncfusion assembly.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Web%20Deployment.pdf

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

AV Addie van Geel July 10, 2007 11:35 AM UTC

Hi,

I have a simular problem.

I have an application running at an ISP, so I copy in my files via ftp. The application worked ok. Then I added the auto-complete control from syncfusion. And I followed the Deployment instruction in the help file from Essential Studio.

When I now try to visit the site, an error message comes up stating "Required permissions cannot be acquired ... (See attachtment!)

What went wrong?

I will give a summary of the contents on the Web site:
- My application is on the ftp-site in the folder www/2Construct(its ASP.NET 2.0) To activate it I had to call the provider!
- there is also a folder www/Syncfusion_4_4_0_51 which contains the images and scripts as copied from the Syncfusion folder from my C:\. This folder is "just a folder". It is not set as an application
- The Syncfusion assemblies are in www/2Construct/bin. All that are mentioned for "Tools"
- The aspx files that have the control in it, have two references to Syncfusion assemblies: Shared.Web and Tools.Web. Both mention version 4.402.0.51 and both with Token: 3d67ed1f87d44c89
- The httpHandler in web.config is NOT included as I use ASP.NOT 2.0.
- The web.config file DOES incluse references to the syncfudion files in de node again with the same version and token.

>Hi Ivica,

Could you please go through the below link and let us know if your problem still exists.

Please take a look at the "Deploying Essential Studio for Asp.Net" in "Getting Started" section of the Essential Studio Users Guide.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/library/default.aspx

In the mean while, could you please take a look at our Web deployment guide which describes about Deploying Syncfusion assembly.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Web%20Deployment.pdf

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar B

MSG.zip

VA Valli Syncfusion Team July 11, 2007 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Addie,

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to deploy a application.

1. Add a new WebSetup project in the name of the sample to the sample application.
2. In the bin folder of the WebSetup project add the required dlls(mentioned below) by right clicking on the folder and choosing Add->Assembly.
3. Then right click on the WebApplictaion folder of the WebSetup project and choose Add->ProjectOutput. In the displayed dialog choose Content files and click ok.
4. Similarly add the solution file to the WebApplication folder by choosing Add->File.
5. In the solution explorer right click on the WebSetup project and click build to build the project.
6. A msi file gets generated inside the debug folder of the Websetup project.

By running this setup file in your remote server, the application gets installed in the desired location. In default the application gets installed under the localhost location.

If you have installed the application under the localhost then perform the following steps,

1.Open the solution file of the application in a notepad and remove the below lines

Project("{54435603-DBB4-11D2-8724-00A0C9A8B90C}") = "", "\", "{54AC6FC9-5DF9-43C9-8BF8-88915620B5A8}"
EndProject

If you have installed the application in any other location then perform the following steps,

1. Open the solution file in a notepad and change the location path specified in it, to the current location .

2. Remove the below lines

Project("{54435603-DBB4-11D2-8724-00A0C9A8B90C}") = "", "\", "{54AC6FC9-5DF9-43C9-8BF8-88915620B5A8}"
EndProject

After performing all the above steps, the sample can be opened and executed.

Please let me know if this helps you to resolve your problem.

Regards,
Valli

AV Addie van Geel July 14, 2007 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Vallie,

Thank you very much for your effort. But your solution doesn't work. I think there is a misunderstanding. From your text I guess you expect the programm to be a windows application, deployed via the WEB. It is not. It is an ASP.NET 2.0 application, so with .aspx files and I want it to run on the internet. For this I have to deploy it by copying files to the web-server via FTP. That is the only entry my ISP allowes me. So I can not execute an .MSI file on their server. Further I believe the .SLN file is not used for running an .ASPX application.

As I said. When I deploy the site to a server within the intranet it is enough to copy the .aspx and .vb files and web.config, along with the app_data, app_code, images and bin folder to the virtual directory. This virtual directory seems to be configured Ok. I say this because the site works fine without the controls of Syncfusion.

My ISP mentioned that all sites on their server run with trust level medium but as far as I know this should allow access to the bin folder within the path of the application.

>Hi Addie,

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to deploy a application.

1. Add a new WebSetup project in the name of the sample to the sample application.
2. In the bin folder of the WebSetup project add the required dlls(mentioned below) by right clicking on the folder and choosing Add->Assembly.
3. Then right click on the WebApplictaion folder of the WebSetup project and choose Add->ProjectOutput. In the displayed dialog choose Content files and click ok.
4. Similarly add the solution file to the WebApplication folder by choosing Add->File.
5. In the solution explorer right click on the WebSetup project and click build to build the project.
6. A msi file gets generated inside the debug folder of the Websetup project.

By running this setup file in your remote server, the application gets installed in the desired location. In default the application gets installed under the localhost location.

If you have installed the application under the localhost then perform the following steps,

1.Open the solution file of the application in a notepad and remove the below lines

EndProject

If you have installed the application in any other location then perform the following steps,

1. Open the solution file in a notepad and change the location path specified in it, to the current location .

2. Remove the below lines

EndProject

After performing all the above steps, the sample can be opened and executed.

Please let me know if this helps you to resolve your problem.

Regards,
Valli

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team July 16, 2007 10:34 PM UTC

Hi Addie,

This issue is because of medium-trust restrictions imposed by your ISP. Most of our controls can't be used right out of the box in a medium trust environment. So, please do the following:

1) There is a DeprecateFunctionalityToRunInPartialTrust property in AutoCompleteTextBox and it should be set to true. Please read class ref on the implications.

2) If you still get the same error, try removing syncfusion.grid.base dll from your bin folder. I think this dll may not be necessary for autocomplete.

We will try to reproduce this issue in a partially-trusted environment as yours, in the meantime.

Regards,
Praveen

AV Addie van Geel July 17, 2007 12:40 AM UTC

Praveen,

Thanks for your suggestion but I am not getting any further with it. My autocomplete controls don't have the property you mention so I can't set it.

For your information, it looks like it goes wrong even BEFORE the pages are accessed. Because if I remove the .dll on which the error is generated, from the bin folder, the error will then be generated on the next .dll.

All this even before a page is called that actualy uses an autocomplete control.

I hope you can help me further,
Regards,
Addie van Geel

VA Valli Syncfusion Team July 17, 2007 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Addie,

We have identified the issue of 'Asp.net 2.0 Deployment problem' to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident with the title as 'Forum 57667 - Asp.net 2.0 Deployment Problem' in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon