We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ListBoxSelectionMode property on GridDataBoundGrid Bug

Hi,
I am using latest ( 4.4.xx) version of Syncfusion suite.

I am using GridDataBoundGrid control.
Since I need to be able to select multiple rows, and there are many suggestion on forum to use ListBoxSelectionMode property, I decided to use MultiExtended selection mode.

Problem however is, (and does not limit to MultiExtended ) if I set this property to anything other than 'None', I can't do the basic things like column selection by clicking on column header.
Hence I can't do basic ( and required in my case ) operations such as selecting, Dragging column, moving them etc.
Only thing works is sorting by clicking/doublecliking on the header.

AllowSelection is property is set to Any.
AllowColDrag is set to true.

This is not a new problem and continues in latest version.

Do you have any solution for it?

Thanks,
Pratima

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2007 12:01 AM UTC

Hi Pratima,

This behavior is by design. Selecting the ListBoxSelectionMode to something other than None turns off selections types other than rows including turning off column selections. One way around this is to handle teh CellClick event to catch a click on a column header and explicitly add the column selection at that point. Here is a little sample that does this.

Sample :MoveColsWithListBoxMode.Zip

Best regards,
Haneef

PR Pratima March 21, 2007 09:37 PM UTC

Thanks. I found another way to hack into this.
I am just curious to know why was this design decision made.
Because the way I look at it, it's a bug to me as a client of the grid and not helping.

Thanks,
Pratima

>Hi Pratima,

This behavior is by design. Selecting the ListBoxSelectionMode to something other than None turns off selections types other than rows including turning off column selections. One way around this is to handle teh CellClick event to catch a click on a column header and explicitly add the column selection at that point. Here is a little sample that does this.

Sample :MoveColsWithListBoxMode.Zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon