We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Expand Nodes in child table after grid grouping control refreash

Hi,
I have databound Grid Grouping Control with one simple parent-child relationships.End users would be expanding child nodes and make some changes.Thereafter when users click on save button i would be saving changes to database and then refreasg Grid Grouping Control.What i want is that in whichever child nodes user has made changes should get expanded after i refreash GGC(so that users can see changes they have made without clicking on plu-minus sign).Any samples/insights on this would be higly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for replying(as always)

With Warm Regards,
Manish Bafna.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2007 11:41 PM UTC

Hi Manish,

You can use the following code to expand and collapse the grid table records.

To expand the CurrentRecord : this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentRecord. IsExpanded = true;
To expand a selected record : this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecords[0].Record.IsExpanded = true;
To expand the specific Record : this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.Records[ index ].IsExpanded = true;

To expand all the records in a table
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.ExpandAllRecords();

To Collapse all the records in a grid.
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CollapseAllRecords();

Best regards,
Haneef

MB Manish Bafna March 7, 2007 10:27 AM UTC

Hi,
I dont know whether i would be able to expalin properly but i am trying my best.
I have databound Heirchical Grid Grouping Control with two heirchical levels(0-parent,1-child).What i want to do is plus/minus of parent table should get expaned(when i reload the GGC after the user clicks save button) for rows of child table in which user has made changes.For this i am palnning to use tablecontrolcellchanged event of child table but i am not able to get rowindex of corresponding parent row of parent table.Once i am able to get rowindex of corresponding parent row of parent table i will store rowindex in an arraylist.Thereafter i will use youe isexpanded syntax(i use rowindexes from this arraylist to expand only those rows of parent table for which some changes has been in their child rows)

Any insights/ideas on this would be highly appreciated.

With Warm Regards,
Manish Bafna.

>Hi Manish,

You can use the following code to expand and collapse the grid table records.

To expand the CurrentRecord : this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentRecord. IsExpanded = true;
To expand a selected record : this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecords[0].Record.IsExpanded = true;
To expand the specific Record : this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.Records[ index ].IsExpanded = true;

To expand all the records in a table
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.ExpandAllRecords();

To Collapse all the records in a grid.
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CollapseAllRecords();

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon