We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I configure CustomEngine to make FilterBarCell appear

I think my custom engine is causing the FilterBarCell from appearing when I do something like this...

if(this.checkBox1.Checked)
{
// ShowFilterBar for the Main table......
this.gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true;
//Change the appearance of the Filter Row....
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.FilterBarCell.BackColor = Color.AliceBlue;
//Enable the filter for each columns
for(int i = 0 ; i< gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.Count;i++ )
gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns[i].AllowFilter = true;
}
else
// removing filterbar for the Main table......
this.gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = false;

How do I change my sustom engine to make the filter bar configurable... i.e, show/hide

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2007 12:08 AM UTC

Hi James,

One way you can acheive this by override IsChildVisible method in a derived ChildTable/Group class to change visiblity of the filterbar in a GroupingGrid. Here is a code snippet

public override bool IsChildVisible(Element el)
{
if( el.Kind == DisplayElementKind.FilterBar)
{
return this.GroupOptions.ShowFilterBar;
}
return base.IsChildVisible (el);
}

Best regards,
Haneef

JB James Blibo March 15, 2007 07:26 PM UTC

This did not work for me. I have attach the custom engine that I am using in my code. I think that my custom engine is prevent the filter bar row from appearing...

Engine.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2007 07:40 PM UTC

Hi James,

You need to add the FilterBarSection in a OnInitializeSections of the derived ChildTable/Group class and also you should override IsChildVisible method in a derived ChildTable/Group class to change visiblity of the filterbar in a GroupingGrid. Please refer this and let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon