We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to set the GridAddNewRecord as the current record in GGC

Hi,
Can you help? I have a method that will be used to add new records to GGC, but I need that record to be the current record so that text boxes linked to it will show what is being added on a per cell basis.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2007 10:48 PM UTC

Hi,

You can use the UnsortedRecords property to find the newly record and set that record as current record using the SetCurrent method. Below is a code snippet

int Oldcount = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.UnsortedRecords.Count;

DataTable dt = this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource as DataTable;
DataRow dr = dt.NewRow();
dr["Col1"] = "NewValue";
dt.Rows.Add(dr);
dt.AcceptChanges();

this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.UnsortedRecords[Oldcount].SetCurrent("ColumnName");
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.UnsortedRecords[Oldcount].SetSelected(true);

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2007 11:12 PM UTC

Thanks; Actually, what I mean is the row for new records (with the *), the GridAddNewRecord, which I guess has cells of type GridTableCellType.AddNewRecordFieldCell -
I want to be able to 'see' the events (data entry) in that row and display them in text boxes, so I need it to be the current record...

Thanks again!

>Hi,

You can use the UnsortedRecords property to find the newly record and set that record as current record using the SetCurrent method. Below is a code snippet

int Oldcount = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.UnsortedRecords.Count;

DataTable dt = this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource as DataTable;
DataRow dr = dt.NewRow();
dr["Col1"] = "NewValue";
dt.Rows.Add(dr);
dt.AcceptChanges();

this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.UnsortedRecords[Oldcount].SetCurrent("ColumnName");
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.UnsortedRecords[Oldcount].SetSelected(true);

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2007 11:36 PM UTC

Hi,

One way you can do this by handling the CurrentRecordContextChange event of the grid and call the Table.AddNew method followed by AddNewRecord.BeginEdit() method. Here is a code snippet.

private void gridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, Syncfusion.Grouping.CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)
{
if( e.Action == Syncfusion.Grouping.CurrentRecordAction.EndEditComplete
&& e.Record.Kind == DisplayElementKind.AddNewRecord)
{
e.Table.BeginEdit();
e.Table.AddNew();
e.Table.AddNewRecord.BeginEdit();
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2007 01:08 AM UTC

Thanks Haneef - will try it.

>Hi,

One way you can do this by handling the CurrentRecordContextChange event of the grid and call the Table.AddNew method followed by AddNewRecord.BeginEdit() method. Here is a code snippet.

private void gridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, Syncfusion.Grouping.CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)
{
{
e.Table.BeginEdit();
e.Table.AddNew();
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2007 04:14 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,
I tried this and the event is triggered, but the record I add doesn't stay. After I hit 'enter', the AddNew method is called, but no new record shows up. What could be the cause?

Thanks again,

>Thanks Haneef - will try it.

>Hi,

{
{
e.Table.BeginEdit();
e.Table.AddNew();
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon