We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Command Button and CallBackPanel error

Hi,

I have a web page which has:
- generic dropdownlist box,
- gridView control,
- GGC
- and couple of CallBackPanels.
- I also have validation controls and
- validation Summary control.
- a command button which worked before I added the validation controls. After I added the validation controls, When I click the button, I am getting this error:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: inputString
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: inputString

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: inputString]
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +1971679
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.CallbackControlEnabler.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +207
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.CallbackDataBoundControl.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +77
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +61
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +251
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList childState) +142
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +300

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +0
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +72
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +358
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +29
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +17
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.CallbackControlEnabler.ViewStateToLoad(Object state) +181
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.CallbackControlEnabler.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +229
Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.CallbackPanel.LoadViewState(Object savedState) +88
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +251
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +520
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3444

Any help would be great!!

3 Replies

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 5, 2007 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue mentioned by you. Could you please provide us more details regarding this issue? Do you refer the Generic DropDown control by the name Generic Dropdownlist box ? I would appreciate if you could send us the test sample that closely resembles to your application for reproducing this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Valli

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2007 03:07 AM UTC

Hi Valli,

I tried to debug the issue further and found out that if I do:

if (!IsPostBack)
{
GridgoupingControl.visible = false;
}

and make the visible = true in the CallBackPanel_refresh event, the filter doesn't work. I see a java script error (Error on Page) and nothing happens. But if I comment this line then the filtering works fine.

The issue I need resolved is someway to hide the GridGoruping control until the Callback_refresh event is called. Since I bind the GGC in the Page_init, the GGC appears with no data.

The same thing is not an issue for GridView since the code is inside the Page_load.

Please see attached code and pages. could you please remove the code after you read it.

Any help would be great!!

Test112.zip

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 6, 2007 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

Thanks for your update and sample.

I am afraid that I couldn't work on the sample provided by you, there exists some problem in the 'ObjectDataSource' and it displays the error as 'BusinessLogicCL' could not be found.

Meanwhile I have modified the sample send by you, instead of 'ObjectDataSource' I have used the 'AccessDataSource'. In that sample GridGrouping control's visibility is set to false in Page_Load event and later on the visibility is set to true in the CallBackRefresh event. While running the sample, I am getting an issue as 'EssentialGridObject undefined' . Below is the attached video clip and sample.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Callback_4bfe9484.zip

Could you please let me know is this the issue you are mentioning and if not, could you please try reproducing the issue you see with the above sample and send it back to me?

Thanks,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon