We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GenericDropdown with TreeView Control with Validation control

Hi,

I would like to use RequiredFieldValidator with the GenericDropDown with TreeView Combo control.
In the RequiredFieldValidator, under the "control To Validate" property, I don't see my the GenericDropDown with TreeView Combo control name. I am dynamically filling the control tree.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!!

4 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team March 3, 2007 02:34 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

We are not clear in your query. We thought you are trying to validate the GenericDropDown using RequiredFieldValidator. If so, You cannot use all Web Form controls(not only Syncfusion controls) in conjunction with the validator controls other than textbox control. If this not a case could please update us with more information. It will helps us further investigation.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks for using Sycnfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2007 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Gokulkumar,

I have used RequiredFieldValidator with the dropdownlist control in ASP.NET pages and it works. I was wondering why the GenericDropDown control value is not shown under the controlToValidate property?

Is there anyother way to validate if not use javascript?

Thanks!

VA Valli Syncfusion Team March 5, 2007 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

The RequiredField Validator functionality is not applicable to the 'GenericDropDown' control at present. I have filed a feature request which enables the 'RequiredField Validation' for the GenericDropDown control.

Meanwhile the below link is a work around sample, in which the 'RequiredField Validation' functionality is achieved through the javascript codings.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/4.4.0.51/F57378/main.htm

Please try running the sample and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Valli

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2007 05:46 PM UTC

Valli,

Thanks for the update and alternate solution.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon