We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Editing bend points

I've just started evaluating, so sorry if this is a dumb question. In the Diagram Builder sample, I can create a connector with bendpoints, but I see no way to move, add or remove bendpoints. I don't see any properties that would allow or prevent this, but I must be missing something. Thanks.

3 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team February 28, 2007 06:49 PM UTC

Hi Doug,

Currently our PolyLineLink fully supports vertex editing(Adding and removing the bending points), thus Line supports vertex moving. It can now only be used through keybord shortcuts. Press Ctrl+LMBClick to remove bending points and Ctrl+Shift+LMBClick to add bending points.

Please refer to \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\CoolLinks sample. In this sample you can activate the PolyLine Link by clicking Dynamic Links-> PolyLine baritem. After connecting the symbols, hover the mouse on the polyline link, then press Ctrl+LMBClick to remove bending points and Ctrl+Shift+LMBClick to add bending points.

Our developers are currently working on this issue to implement this feature of vertex editing for all links with high priority. The fix of Vertex moving for all links is available on March 15 with version 5.0 and the fix for Vertex editing(Adding and removing the bending points) is around June 15.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Nagaraj

DE Douglas Earl April 25, 2007 03:17 PM UTC

Hi,
I'm now evaluating the v5 beta and it appears there still is no means to add/remove/move bendpoints. I'm wondering if you could give me an update on this feature. Is it still planned to be part of v5? Is it still on track for June 15? Does this mean that v5 will not be available before then? Thanks for any info that you can provide.

Also, I noticed in another thread that there will be a "beta refresh" this week. Where will this be announced? I would like to download when available. Thanks.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 26, 2007 09:09 PM UTC

Hi Doug,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In v.5 you can move the link's end points to resize the link. We have not implemented the add/remove bending points(Vertex Edit functionality) in v.5.1 beta. Currently our developers are working to implement this feature. The fix of Vertex Editing (Adding and removing the bending points) is available around June 15.

Vertex moving functionality for all links is available in v.5. Please refer to the attached video file.

Video.zip

We do not have a firm date for the release yet. There will be a beta refresh this week. We have had some issues reported during beta testing and the final release will depend on resolution of these. I will let you know the release date of our main release at the earliest.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon