We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MainFrameBarManager not usable on UserControl?

When I drag this control onto a UserControl, it tells me this control can only be used on a form.

Why is that?

Is there a workaround that would enable me to use the XPMenu like your Grid sample that deals with Excel?

2 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team February 27, 2007 08:14 PM UTC

Hi Robbe,

We are sorry to say that with the current implementation of XPMenus, we could not use XPMenus in UserControl. We have already logged feature request in this regard. Here is the feature request link

Add support for hosting the XPMenus framework in a UserControl.

However we use Form as UserControl by setting FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None and Form.TopLevel = false. So the Form works like a UserControl. Please refer to the attached sample and let me know if it helps you.

Word2007

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

KL Klaus March 15, 2008 12:34 PM UTC

Hello,

>Hi Robbe,

We are sorry to say that with the current implementation of XPMenus, we could not use XPMenus in UserControl. We have already logged feature request in this regard. Here is the feature request link

Add support for hosting the XPMenus framework in a UserControl.

Do you have any news when this feature will be available ? the request is already one year old ...

Klaus

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon