We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Access a User Control placed on a CallbackPanel

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

57166 Feb 27,2007 10:02 AM UTC Feb 27,2007 02:13 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 2
Tags: Tools
Juergen
Asked On February 27, 2007 10:02 AM UTC

Hi there,

on a form I'm placing a user control on a CallbackPanel. An additional button is used to raise a CallbackMultiplexer's via hte JavaScript function 'Klicker' (Masterpage involved, Multiplexer needed beacuse there are several Panels)

Part of the aspx code:

(JavaScript:)
function Klicker(param)
{
if(param=='MitarbeiterAusgewaehlt')
{
__sfctl00_ActionContent_CallbackMultiplexerPersonal38.callback(param);
}
}

The code-behind-eventhandler:

protected void CallbackMultiplexerPersonal38_Callback(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.CallbackEventArgs e)
{
if (e.CallbackArgument == "MitarbeiterAusgewaehlt")
{
// here my trouble starts
}
}

So far, everything works fine, the event gets raised and the eventhandler catches it. But: The user is supposed to enter some Values into the UserControl ('EditCtlMitarbeiterWahl'). An it's these values that I have to access in the eventhandler (where // 'my trouble starts').

My considerations: The event is raised on the client side, the eventArg consists of a string signaling what exact control is to be evaluated. But how can I manage to access the control's data from the server?

I tried to get the User control via

ControlCollection ctls = PanelMitarbeiterAuswahl.Controls;

int index = ctls.IndexOf(EditCtlMitarbeiterWahl);
ASP.controls_editcontrol_ascx editMAWahl = (ASP.controls_editcontrol_ascx)ctls[index];

but the resulting control (editMAWahl) does not carry the user input.

Any clues for this problem? Of course I tried to help myself with reading the documentation of the CallbackPanel. Interestingly, I found nothing; Intellisense tells me that my Callback Panel is a 'Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.CallbackPanel', but in the documentation there is no 'CallbackPanel' member in the given namespace...?

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Juergen Kaphengst

Juergen
Replied On February 27, 2007 10:07 AM UTC

Hi again,

now I attached the missing markup code :-)

Cheers,

Juergen

sf4.zip

Valli [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 27, 2007 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Juergen,

Attached is the sample as per your requirement.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Callback_5da5ec6c.zip

I have placed the Callbackpanel in the user control, which helps you get the date value.

The CallbackMultiplexer in .aspx page updates the date value based on the value retrieved from the user control.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Valli

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;