We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to debug step by step in syncfusion''s sources

Hi,

My company has bought the Essential Studio Solution that includes Syncfusion's sources. I have created a new solution that includes two projects:

- a c# window project (startup project)
- Syncfusion.Grid.Windows_2005.csproj

The main project include the other one in its references.

My goal is to be able to trace the code step by step with a breakpoint into syncfusions'source.

When I try to instanciate the 'GridControl' component into the main window I get the following error message:

Failed to load item 'GridControl'. It will be removed from the tolbox.

When I double click on 'GridControl' I get the famous red cross that informs me that the visual studio designer was not able to draw the control. The error message is:

The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: GridControl --- The base class 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBaseImp' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built.

When I double click on 'GridControlBaseImp' I get:

The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: GridControlBaseImp --- The base class 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built.

But I get no error message when I double click 'GridControlBase'.

I have the feeling that I have forgotten to do something very simple but I don't know what.

Thank for the help.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2007 07:36 PM UTC

Hi Ivan,

Issue 1: Step by Step debug.

To debug the source code of the Syncfuison Assemblies, please follow the steps below:

1) You have to run the Build Manager.
2) In the Build Manager, you can choose the Framework version, products, products type, Assembly type and then click the ''Perform Build'' button.
3) Build Manager rebuilds the selected Product along with its dependencies and copies the dll to User Assemblies and then click the "Launch Assembly Manager" button.
4) Now, the Assembly manager shows the Debug option in Assembly Type Panel.
5) Click "Perfom Action" to build debug assemblies in your machine.

To access the Build Manager, goto Start->All Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Studio 4.X.X.XX->Utilities->Build Manager or [Installation path]\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.X.x.x\Utilities\Build Manager

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon