We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Replacing text within an existing table or document using it relative position

I create a document using a Word template file. The document has a table in it with data values that must be replaced each time the document is accessed. My original solution was to replace the values in the document using unique keyword strings like <1st Hearing Officer>, <2nd Hearing Officer>, , etc. See attached the template). This works OK until I need to change the data on subsequent accesses; now the keyword was replaced with data and I don't have the data values that it was changed to, so I can't use the find and replace process. The text that must be replaced is always in the same locations within the document. Is there a way to navigate to the table and position within it and replace the text? If not, is there a way navigate to the position within the document and replace the text?

If the answer is no to the above, I know that bookmarks are supported and you can replace text on an established bookmark. Is there a way I can add bookmarks where my text is located after initially creating the base document using a template? This would be find the string value <1st Hearing Officer> and establishing a bookmark for it.

Juvenile_ACJ3.zip

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 27, 2007 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your interest in Essential DocIO.

1) Currently we do not have support to navigate to the table and position within it and replace the text. Already we have a feature request [# 953] regarding this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2) It is possible to add bookmark to the document by using the following code snippets

[C#]

paragraph.AppendBookmarkStart( "<1st Hearing Officer>" );

But it is not possible to find the string value <1st Hearing Officer> and establish a bookmark for it.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

JS Jay Slusher February 27, 2007 03:21 PM UTC

>Hi Jay,

Thanks for your interest in Essential DocIO.

1) Currently we do not have support to navigate to the table and position within it and replace the text. Already we have a feature request [# 953] regarding this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2) It is possible to add bookmark to the document by using the following code snippets

[C#]

paragraph.AppendBookmarkStart( "<1st Hearing Officer>" );

But it is not possible to find the string value <1st Hearing Officer> and establish a bookmark for it.

Regards,
Melba

I could not find feature request #953 in your lists. Can you give me an idea when this may be available?

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 28, 2007 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Jay,

You can track the status of this feature from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=953

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon