We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

repopulating from dataset

Greetings! When using a dataset as my datasource everything loads up nicely into the datagrid, but since everything written into the DataGrid gets auto saved into the dataset i cannot use my step back button to correct problems before updating to the server in case the user wanted to change things.. Trying to repopulate in a way, i RE-FILL the dataset with info from the SQL Server (original not updated yet database) and everything changed back..... BESIDES the ROWS that the user added.. how can i repopulate the datagrid and get rid of those added unwanted rows that the user changed his mind about.... ? Like i said the Server is not updated yet, the user didn't press the update button, but the dataset gets auto updated...

1 Reply

VI Victor July 15, 2003 09:47 AM UTC

Ok i just found a nice solution... not really a professional one... but its working.. I've created a fake dataset containing name of an empty table of my current full dataset one.. The fake one comes up populating the grid with nothing.. Then the full REAL dataset gets refilled with previous data from the SQL server and filling the datagrid letting the user have the previous status of the grid =) Thanks anyway, this forum and your guides helping a lot, A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon