We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager "Index was out of range..." exception

Hi,
I've upgrade my syncfusion from 3.3.0.0 to 4.1.0.50 and in all UserControls that i have dockingmanager arise the following eception:

"Insertion index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than or equal to size.\rParameter name: index"

CallStack :

at System.Collections.ArrayList.Insert(Int32 index, Object value)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SizingController.InsertChild(DockControllerBase dc, Int32 index, DockingStyle db)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SizingController.AddChild(DockControllerBase dcinternal, DockingStyle db)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.DockToFormController(DockStateControllerBase ctrl)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MainFormController.InvokeDocking(DockControllerBase dc)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.InternalDockControl(Control ctrl, DockControllerBase dcbparent, DockingStyle dockstyle, Int32 nsize)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.DockControl(Control ctrl, Control parent, DockingStyle dockstyle, Int32 nsize, Boolean tabGroup)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager.DockControl(Control ctrl, Control parent, DockingStyle dockstyle, Int32 nsize)

It happens within constructor of the UserControl when I call DockingManager.DockControl. With the old Syncfusion version (3.3.0.0) everything works fine.

Do you have some idea what is the reasen?

3 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 26, 2007 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Dimitar,

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue with the attached sample in Essential Studio version 4.1.0.50.

Please try running the above sample. If still the issue exists, kindly try reproducing it with this sample and send it back to me so that it would help me to find out the cause of the issue.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Golda

Docking9.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2007 11:16 AM UTC

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this exception in your example, but reasen is DockStreamLayout, when I delete the serialized base64 value from the .resx file my application works fine. When I made some changes in the designer and DockStreamLayout is recreated the exception occurs.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team March 1, 2007 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Dimitar,

Could you please refer the following thread that discusses about the DockLayoutStream?

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=53152

If still the problem exists, please send me a sample having the issue. This will help us to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon