We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

cannot create compound file

I am a newbie to Syncfusion. I have used .NET 2005 to create a web project that uses Syncfusion. When placed on the server, I receive the error "cannot create compound file". The code snippit is attached. The error is received when I try to save a newly created Excel file.

Syncfusion Error2.zip

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 23, 2007 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your interest in Essential XlsIO.

Please use the following code snippet to stream the workbook to the client browser. The only code that is specific for the usage of XlsIO in web forms application is the streaming of the spreadsheet to the client browser.

// Stream the workbook to the client browser.

workbook.SaveAs("Sample.xls",ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS,Response,ExcelDownloadType.PromptDialog);

Also, Please refer the following url for more asp.net samples:

http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0&browseto=XlsIO.Web

Kindly let me know the problem still exists.

Thanks,
Melba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2007 03:28 PM UTC

Thanks for the response. The statement worked perfectly.

>Hi Megan,

Thanks for your interest in Essential XlsIO.

Please use the following code snippet to stream the workbook to the client browser. The only code that is specific for the usage of XlsIO in web forms application is the streaming of the spreadsheet to the client browser.

// Stream the workbook to the client browser.

workbook.SaveAs("Sample.xls",ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS,Response,ExcelDownloadType.PromptDialog);

Also, Please refer the following url for more asp.net samples:

http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0&browseto=XlsIO.Web

Kindly let me know the problem still exists.

Thanks,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 26, 2007 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the update!

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon