We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

User Installation Issue

I'm publishing a windows form application from VS 2005 to a web folder. The user can then download and install the application. This is the built in publish feature to VS 2005. When the user clicks the install button on the web page, a message comes up and says that the Syncfusion assembly needs to be installed in the GAC, and the installation fails. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks,
Josh

4 Replies

JK Josh King February 21, 2007 04:49 PM UTC

I set the copy local of the core dll to true, but it is not copying it the output directory. I copied it manually and added ".deploy" to the end of the file name, and the user still gets the GAC error message.

>I'm publishing a windows form application from VS 2005 to a web folder. The user can then download and install the application. This is the built in publish feature to VS 2005. When the user clicks the install button on the web page, a message comes up and says that the Syncfusion assembly needs to be installed in the GAC, and the installation fails. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks,
Josh

JK Josh King February 21, 2007 05:01 PM UTC

The core dll is not listed in the manifest file, which is causing the issue.

>I set the copy local of the core dll to true, but it is not copying it the output directory. I copied it manually and added ".deploy" to the end of the file name, and the user still gets the GAC error message.

>I'm publishing a windows form application from VS 2005 to a web folder. The user can then download and install the application. This is the built in publish feature to VS 2005. When the user clicks the install button on the web page, a message comes up and says that the Syncfusion assembly needs to be installed in the GAC, and the installation fails. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks,
Josh

JK Josh King February 21, 2007 05:35 PM UTC

I figured it out. In the Project Properties under the Publish tab, click on Application Files. From there you can specify which dlls need to be included in your publish and which don't. I included all of the Syncfusion dlls and the click once deployment is now working without any prereq installs.

>The core dll is not listed in the manifest file, which is causing the issue.

>I set the copy local of the core dll to true, but it is not copying it the output directory. I copied it manually and added ".deploy" to the end of the file name, and the user still gets the GAC error message.

Thanks,
Josh

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 09:14 PM UTC

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that you are all set. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon