We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TreeviewAdv with dockingmanager gives label editing problem

Hi!

I get an unwanted behaviour when I use a docking manager on a windows form and enable docking to a TreeViewAdv. The problem is as follows:

If I start editing the label of a node, the only way to end the editing seems to be to press Enter key or Esc key. I can not get a node out of label edit mode by a mouse click somewhere else in the tree which is possible when a treeviewadv is hosted on a windows form without a docking manager.

This misbehaviour (feature?) can be reproduced by adding a docking manager to the "TreeViewAdv LoadOnDemand Demo" and enable docking to the tree.

Best Regards,
Oskar

3 Replies

OS Oskar February 21, 2007 01:39 PM UTC

I should have mentioned that I'm using Syncfusion Essential Suite 4.4.0.51.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 07:21 PM UTC

Hi Oskar,

We could reproduce the misbehavior here. But this could be solved by handling MouseDown event of the TreeViewAdv control.

Here is the code snippet:

private void treeViewAdv1_MouseDown(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e)
{
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeNodeAdv tvaNode;

tvaNode = this.treeViewAdv1.GetNodeAtPoint( e.X , e.Y );

if ( tvaNode == null )
{
this.treeViewAdv1.EndEdit();
}
else
{
if ( this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNode != tvaNode )
{
this.treeViewAdv1.EndEdit();
}
}

}

Herewith I have attached the sample. Please refer to the sample and let me know if it helps you.

56820_TDM_TreeViewLabelEditIssue

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 07:29 AM UTC

Thanks for the quick response.

The suggested solution works as expected.

Regards,
Oskar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon