We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

BookMarks

I have a bunch of Word document with lots of bookmarks. I need to go to a bookmark and replace the text, but i need to keep whatever format is currently in the document. The following code works, but it does NOT keep the content (bold underline etc....)

bk.MoveToBookmark("FullName")
bk.InsertText("John A smith")

How do I do this same thing but KEEP WHAT EVER format is currently on the doc?

Thanks..

6 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Russ,

I was able to reproduce the problem. I have forwarded this issue to the development team. I will provide a time frame for fixing this issue within two days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

RM Russ Marzolf February 22, 2007 09:16 PM UTC

Thanks, look forward to it.

Russ

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team February 26, 2007 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Russ,

The fix for this issue[Defect #3716] will be available on March 16,2007.

Thank you for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Best Regards,
Sivasankari

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Russ,

Thank you for your patience. The Bookmark is simply used as place holders. That is, we can move to the particular bookmark through navigating the bookmark, and we can replace that place holder with the new text. It just remind the place where the we have marked the position in the document. And if we want formattings in the text, it should be done seperately, since we just place the contents in the marked positions. This is the normal behaviour of Docio. Please format the text before you replace the text in the bookmark.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Sivasankari

RM Russ Marzolf March 22, 2007 06:02 PM UTC

Unfortunately that is not very convenient. I have many documents which have many different formats. I have no way to know what the format should be. How do I move to a bookmark, get the current format (bold, underline, 12pt Times New Roman etc..) and replace it with the same “in context” format?

>Hi Russ,

Thank you for your patience. The Bookmark is simply used as place holders. That is, we can move to the particular bookmark through navigating the bookmark, and we can replace that place holder with the new text. It just remind the place where the we have marked the position in the document. And if we want formattings in the text, it should be done seperately, since we just place the contents in the marked positions. This is the normal behaviour of Docio. Please format the text before you replace the text in the bookmark.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Sivasankari

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team March 26, 2007 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Russ,

We do not have support for this feature. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Bhuvaneswari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon