We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Making specific rows in a MultiColumnComboBox unselectable

Hello,

I'm trying to accomplish the following:

Using a MultiColumnComboBox, I'd like to make some of the rows in the GridListControl unselectable. Meaning, based on some criteria (either a column value or a computed value), the user would not be able to click on those rows in the GridListControl and close the combobox. Those rows should be visually identifiable as being unselectable (similar to Enabled = false) and clicking on them should do nothing. Only selecting a "valid" row (or pressing the Esc key) should close the combobox.

Is this possible? If so, how might I go about implementing this?

Thanks!

Keith

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 06:42 PM UTC

Here is a try at this using the wrapped GridControl.QueryCellInfo that is part of GridListControl. In that event, you can color particular cells. The second piece of teh sample is to listen to an event and prevent the combobox from losing when you click on one of the particular rows that you want disabled. Here is teh multicolumncombobox sample modified to show this process. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/CS_2f2a5206.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 07:57 PM UTC

Clay,

Thanks for the sample. I've messed with it a bit and it looks like I get get what I need using a similar approach.

Regards,

Keith

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon