We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Set databoundgrid column to multiline text

I've seen reference in this forum (see link below) to multiline textbox columns, but can't work out how to set the cells in a GridBoundColumn to recognise '' line breaks as contained in my dataset table columns. Eg. http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/message.asp?MessageID=5457 Thanks, Peter

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2003 06:24 AM UTC

I don't know that you have to do anything. Attached is a little sample that puts in strings a datatable, and they are recognized by the grid without further work. What is different in your situation?

PS Peter Schonefeld July 14, 2003 09:27 PM UTC

Thanks for the tip Clay. My escape code is in the SQL statement like: "SELECT field1 + '' + field2" which seems to populate the dataset as a literal string that makes my grid cell look like, "value1value2"...the following sets things right: foreach(DataRow i in dataSet1.Tables[0].Rows){ string s = (string) i["Name"]; i["Name"] = s.Replace("\",""); } Regards Peter

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon