We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl and filtering

Hi,

1. Is it possible to use a stored procedure as a datasource and still be able to use filtering in a GridGrouping control?

2. I am trying to connect the GGC datasource with ObjectDatasource (which has the datasource as stored procedure), I am able to see the data in the GGC, able to view the filter dropdowns. But when I try to pick a value from one of the columns in the filter dropdown, nothing happens to the GGC data.

I am not sure why the GGC doesn't show filtered data.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

13 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 20, 2007 08:31 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Thanks for your detailed information.

1) Yes, we do support to populate the GridGroup from the StoredProcedure.

2) We could not able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. Filterbar is working even when the GridGroupingcontrol is populated from the StoreProcedure. To ensure this we have attached one sample for your references.

StoredProcedure_Forum56714.zip

In our sample we bind the GridGroup with ObjectDatasource which contains the StoreProcedure as Datasource.To run our sample, you must create the StoredProcedure in the Sql Server Database(which is attached with the sample as text file). Before run our sample please make some neccessary configuration on SqlServer connectionstring.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 05:35 PM UTC

Gokulkumar,

The attached file is corrupted. Could you please check the attached zip file?

Thanks,

Rekha

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 07:00 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Could you please try this link and let me know if you have any other queries.

StoredProcedure_Forum56714.zip

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 07:55 PM UTC

Hi Gokulkumar,

I get file not found error.

Can you attach another sample where you have a dynamically generated datatable used as a datasource to a GGC. And also the filter is on for the first two columns (done in code).
Somehow my GGC doesn't do anything when I select from a filter dropdown.

Thanks for your help and quick reply!!

Rekha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 07:57 PM UTC

Forgot to mention.. The zip file is bringing up with virus found alert.

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 02:46 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

we have attached another sample as per your request and do let us know if it helps.

StoredProcedure.zip

Sorry for the inconvenience if any caused

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 06:00 PM UTC

GokulKumar,

Attached is the data, HTML and the codebehind code.

Here is the issue:

- Only filters on the first column and NOT on the second column. Why?

- I have to setup columns filter property in the code, since I have to setup different columns based on some information from the previous page.

- Is it possible to display filtering like EXCEL pivot table where you can check or uncheck the data from the list.

Thanks for your help!!

test76.zip

GokulKumar,

Here is the issue:

- I have to setup columns filter property in the code, since I have to setup different columns based on some information from the previous page.

- Is it possible to display filtering like EXCEL pivot table where you can check or uncheck the data from the list.

Thanks for your help!!

GokulKumar,

Here is the issue:

Thanks for your help!!

test77.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 06:10 PM UTC

Sorry for multiple posts!!

One point forgot to mention: The filtering doesn't happen when I choose (in column 2 of the data) the value as "ANNOUNCEMENTFAILURE:13".
Is there an issue with data with a colon?

Thanks!!

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 23, 2007 10:00 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We noticed that Record Filter is not working as long as when the data contains ":" characters(Ex:DateTime Field). But It is working fine when Record filter is hard coded like shown below. In the mean while could you please look at this forum where similar issue is discussed.

This is a known issue. So we already confirm this as a bug and logged a bug report in this regarad. The Development is ongoing for the issue and the fix will be available on March 5th.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Sorry for the time delay.

A defect report has been logged for this issue. You can keep track of the progress of the issue from the below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3354

We have forwarded this issue to our developers and will update you with the fix for the same on or before June, 25th, 2007.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team June 21, 2007 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Could you please open an incident in the direct trac with the forum id as the subject line, so that we can send you the necessary information?

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon