We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multiple item selection using EditControl

A college has configured the EditControl to provide a drop down list of options (See attached diagram) Unfortunately this person no longer works for the company and I have been unable to understand how this functionality has been implemented.

1) Please can you point me to some samples or documentation?

2) '[' is used to trigger dropdown, but this only appears to work once. Our users want to be able to select multiple items from the list, seperated by ','. Please can you tell me how I can implement this?

Thanks

untitled35.zip

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 16, 2007 08:44 PM UTC

Hi Jay,

1. In EditControl the ContextChoice support allows you to create popups for displaying a list of options. The context choice displaying characters are specified in the configuration file using the DropContextChoiceList attribute in the lexem for the corresponding character. If you wish to display the ContextChoice dropdown in response to period (".") or comma (",") being typed, use XML code as shown below:

lexem BeginBlock="." Type="Operator" DropContextChoiceList="true"
lexem BeginBlock="," Type="Operator" DropContextChoiceList="true"

I have attached a sample that illustrates this.

CS.zip

Documentation on ContextChoice can be found at the link given below

rel='nofollow' href=http://www2.syncfusion.com/library/editwindows/contextchoice.html>Context Choice

2. It is possible to trigger dropdown using the '[' and ',' using the DropContextChoiceList attribute. I have attached a sample that illustrates this.

56565.zip

Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

JA Jay February 19, 2007 08:42 AM UTC

Thanks exactly what I was looking for. However, is it possible to do it all in code? I'd rather not have to use an xml file to configure the behaviour.

Regards

Jay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2007 08:36 PM UTC

Hi Jay,

It is possible to configure the behavior in code without using an xml file using the ISnippetFormat and ConfigLexem class. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

rel='nofollow' href=http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/56565_76defbfb.zip>sample

JA Jay February 20, 2007 01:02 PM UTC

Thanks for your help. Example works perfectly.

JA Jay February 23, 2007 03:06 PM UTC

Hi,

It is now not possible to highlight text using the mouse or Ctrl-A (Select All) - Please see attached configuration code. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Example22.zip

JA Jay February 26, 2007 03:23 PM UTC

Any update on this issue? This is quite important.

Thanks

Jay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2007 10:30 PM UTC

Hi Jay,

Our apologies for the delayed response. I have tested for this issue using v4.4.0.51 and was not able to see the problem. This is how I went about testing this issue :

1. Run the attached sample.

2. Type '['

3. ContextChoice is displayed.

4. Select an item from the ContextChoice.

5. Press Ctrl+A or use the mouse to highlight text.

6. Text is highlighted.

Please let me know if I am missing something. Also, Could you please let me know the version of Essential Studio being used by you.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

rel='nofollow' href=http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/56565_29b59574.zip>sample

JA Jay February 27, 2007 09:23 AM UTC

Sorry, I must not have been clear. My problem is when any text is added in the control. Left clicking and dragging the mouse does not highlight/select text, neither does Ctrl-A.

Standard text highlighting/selection is not working.

Thanks in advance.

JA Jay February 27, 2007 09:29 AM UTC

I am using version 3.301.0.50.

Ctrl-A moves cursor to the end of the text but doesn't highlight the text.

Any ideas?

JA Jay February 27, 2007 02:27 PM UTC

I have resolved this issue. Problem was this.editControl1.TransparentSelection = false;

AE aron evans April 27, 2020 10:19 AM UTC

Have you considered adding combo boxes to provide auto-complete or auto-type functionality in a more convenient way? I think you should read this: https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/GuiControls.htm#DropDownList write my essay as for documentation.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon