We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridGroupingControl & FilterBar

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

56553 Feb 16,2007 09:04 AM Feb 24,2007 05:56 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
Srdjan
Asked On February 16, 2007 09:04 AM

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but my simple app crashes if I turn on filtering in ggc control.

Control crashes in design time and in runtime.

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

FilterBarError.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 16, 2007 05:31 PM

Hi Srdjan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue in GroupingGrid. We have filed a defect on this issue and you could track the progress of this in the below OPEN ISSUES link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2302

Thanks for your patience

Best regards,
Haneef

Srdjan
Replied On February 19, 2007 08:11 AM

Ok, another question.

Now I'm initializing filterbar in form constructor after setting DataSource property.

FilterBar is shown and so is the data in grid. However upon clicking on FilterBar dropdown i only see default values: (All), (Custom) and (Empty). I don't see values in the filter.

I set up FilterBar using:
grid.TableDescriptor.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowFilterBar = true;
and for each column I place:
AllowFilter = true;

Can you suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 19, 2007 02:04 PM

Hi Srdjan,

Could you please give me some more information regarding how to implement this issue in this sample. I would really appreciate it if you could provide us a sample that exhibits this behavior. We will try analyzing it here.

Thanks for choosing and using Syncfusion Products.

Best regards,
Haneef

Srdjan
Replied On February 21, 2007 07:01 AM

Ok, in this example you can see two issues. I have found why is this happening. If column name and mapping name are different than filter bar isn't working. This is not a big problem since I don't have reasons to keep them different.

Second issue: FilterBar is displaying ValueMembers instead of Display members. Not good.

Question: How can I support incremental search in GGC? Actually I want Autocomplete support in FilterBar so that users can type first few letters and grid filters all rows that are containing that letters in column. I need this functionality.

Thanks.

ExampleGrid.zip

Srdjan
Replied On February 24, 2007 05:56 AM

I would appreciate your feedback on this issue...

Thanks.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;