We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TextColor Bug

Hi,

I think I found a bug in the GGC. You have to do the following steps to reproduce the error.

1. Open Visual Studio create a new project (Windows Forms) and put a GGC on the form.

2. In the property grid where you can see all properties of the grid - open the Table Descriptor and click on the columns property. Now the column property dialog opens.

3. Add a column and set the TextColor property below the Appearance property (AnyRecordFieldCell) to a specific color. When you are done - close the dialog.

4. Add a second column (like described in 2.) and change the TextColor property (AnyRecordFieldCell) for that column to another column and close the dialog.

Now you get an "object not set to a reference" exception and the studio crashes.

Any idea what's wrong here?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 15, 2007 02:46 PM UTC

Hi,

in 4. it should be "to another color" not "to another column"

>Hi,

I think I found a bug in the GGC. You have to do the following steps to reproduce the error.

1. Open Visual Studio create a new project (Windows Forms) and put a GGC on the form.

2. In the property grid where you can see all properties of the grid - open the Table Descriptor and click on the columns property. Now the column property dialog opens.

3. Add a column and set the TextColor property below the Appearance property (AnyRecordFieldCell) to a specific color. When you are done - close the dialog.

4. Add a second column (like described in 2.) and change the TextColor property (AnyRecordFieldCell) for that column to another column and close the dialog.

Now you get an "object not set to a reference" exception and the studio crashes.

Any idea what's wrong here?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2007 03:54 PM UTC

Hi,

did you already take a look at that issue. It seems we have the same problem when we switch our application in the design mode (via our custom designer). Setting the TextColor results in a "object not set to a reference exception"

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2007 05:31 PM UTC

Hi Tom,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

We could reproduce the issue as mentioned. As a workaround for this issue. You can change the TextBoColor of the record field cell in a Form.Load event(runtime) . Here is a code snippet.

this.grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].Appearance.TextColor = Color.Blue;

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 08:04 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I think you mean:

this.grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.TextColor

but the problem exists even in this case

>Hi Tom,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

We could reproduce the issue as mentioned. As a workaround for this issue. You can change the TextBoColor of the record field cell in a Form.Load event(runtime) . Here is a code snippet.

this.grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].Appearance.TextColor = Color.Blue;

Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 08:53 PM UTC

Hi Sachin,

Here is a minimal sample that shows you "How to change the text color of the column in a grid?". Please try the attached sample and let me know if this helps.

sample : GGCCurrentRecordMoveUPDOWN.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon