We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Evaluation Help

Hi, I am facing a very basic problem which makes me go crazy. I created a new asp.net web applicationand tried to open a word document in the browser. my application is not in the root whereas i've created virtual directory to access the application. Now if i try to run the application from debugger i am getting the following error.

Failed to map the path '/syncfusion'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/syncfusion'.

Whereas when i try to browse the application from IIS it's comming fine.

Please help me out in this issue

Sudhakar G

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 14, 2007 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Sudhakar,

While working with a remote web server where Essential DocIO is not installed, you will have to do the following in the web server.

1) The Syncfusion assemblies need to be in the bin folder that is beside the aspx files. They can also be in the GAC, in which case, they should be referenced with strong name(s) in the aspx files and dlls.

2) Make sure to copy the required Syncfusion dlls to your bin directory in the server.

Syncfusion.Core.dll
Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll
Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll
Syncfusion.DLS.Base.dll

Kindly let me know if the problem still exists.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon