We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid grouping web filtering and select button

By krishna at 2/10/2007 1:23:20 PM

iam using gridgroupingweb for filtering i have 7 columns.one column has select button. iam doing filtering in some of the columns.i need select button click event. in the selct button click i need to call a mthod with row index as parameter.
which event i need to call for selct button click. and how can i find the index of row.
Iadded select button programmatically using templates( in the previous u suugested me to use template class programmatically).when i tried to use TemplateCommand event, SelectedRecordschanged event and Current Record contex changed event. but it anything couldnt work. can u give me the event details .

thanks
krishna

By B.Gokulkumar [Syncfusion] at 2/12/2007 1:43:30 PM

Hi Krishna,

We regret for the delay in getting back to you.

Attached is the sample as per your requirement.

GridForum_51561.zip

* You can get the RowIndex from the QueryCoveredRange event. It get the index postion of the currently rendered row.

Kindly take a look at our sample and do let us know if it helps.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

By krishna at 2/12/2007 4:27:14 PM

hi Gokul,
thanks for giving suggesion.i tried that one. but the b_click event is never firing,and also i need to pass the row index on the click event. on the click event i will call a method by passing row index as parameter and it will take to the new page.
can u give me reply soon.

thanks
krishna

By B.Gokulkumar [Syncfusion] at 2/12/2007 6:52:26 PM

Hi Krishna,

Kindly Let us know have you tried our sample.

* In our sample, we bind the GridGroup with AccessDatasourceControl.
* We created one unbound field named "Selection" and added the button as a Itemtemplate from Grid's QueryCellStyleInfo event. Before that you have to add the below code snippet in the Page_Init event.

Control c = new Control();
//Used to add templated controls in the Unbound field
TemplateClass mytemp = new TemplateClass(c);
//Adds the control container to the GridGrouping control Itemtemplate.
// since It is important to add the control to ItemTemplate when we add our own controls(i.e Button in your scenario) to GridGrouping Itemtemplate collection, Unless we can't handle the event inside the Itemtemplate.
GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.FindByMappingName("Selection").ItemTemplate = mytemp;

* Then we handled the button click in the QueryCellStyleInfo event. While clicking on the button will gets the currently selected record(i.e CustomerID in my sample).

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

By krishna at 2/12/2007 9:07:23 PM

hi,
thank u for ur quick response.
i didnt add the code snippet in page init. thats i couldnt get at that time. now iam getting that one.thank u very much

krishna

By krishna at 2/13/2007 9:21:29 AM

hi ,
Filtering is not working Properly when i added the code snippet in Page init( the following code). when i select empty in the filter and then if i select any thing suppose "ALL" it is not instantiating anything..if i remove this code snippet in the page init filtering works properly but Button selct event is not firing.

code snippet

Control c = new Control();
//Used to add templated controls in the Unbound field
TemplateClass mytemp = new TemplateClass(c);
//Adds the control container to the GridGrouping control Itemtemplate.
// since It is important to add the control to ItemTemplate when we add our own controls(i.e Button in your scenario) to GridGrouping Itemtemplate collection, Unless we can't handle the event inside the Itemtemplate.
GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns.FindByMappingName("Selection").ItemTemplate = mytemp

can u respond quickly
thanks
Krishna

3 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 08:56 PM UTC

Hi Krishna,

As we already mentioned in this thread, Empty option in Filterbar causes unexpected behavior. So we already logged a bug regarding this issue. We have requested our developer to provide more information regarding the timeframe to fix this issue. Hope we can provide you with more information within a 3 days.

Kindly let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2007 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Krishna,

This issue has been forwarded to our developers and the fix would be available by March12th 2007. You can keep track of the issue logged from the below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3002

Thanks and Regards,
Sharmila

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2007 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Krishna,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

This issue has been fixed. Could you please open an incident in the direct trac with the forum id as the subject line, so that we could update you with the patch for the fix

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx

Thanks & Regards,
Sharmila

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon