We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Expansion

Hi,

In this example, i have a month column and 4 columns for its weeks. All these column are at the same level.

I was wondering if i could expand the month column and show weeks columns underneath it.

Eventually, i would like to show days under weeks. But if you could just help me showing weeks under months, then i can figure out days.

Thanks,
Adnan

Custom1.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2007 12:00 AM UTC

Hi Adnan,

One comment is that by default, there is no built-in support for grouping columns in a virtual grid. If you need this support, we encourage you to use the GroupingGridControl. Please refer to the Grouping category browser sample. Here is a some sample in Grouping category.

The Grouping (\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\Grouping\Grouping\ ) sample illustrates how to do grouping of data at design time.

The MulticolumnGrouping ( \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\Grouping\MulticolumnGrouping\ ) sample lets you group the data by multiple columns.

The GroupingEvents ( \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\Grouping\GroupingEvents\ ) sample demonstrates the creation of an event log which, will show the order of the various Grouping events that are fired.

The CustomSectionInGroup ( \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\Grouping\CustomSectionInGroup\ ) sample demonstrates how to customize the layout of groups.

Best regards,
Haneef

AS Adnan Sohail February 14, 2007 03:30 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I have no problems using the gridgrouping control, but can i bound to a business object like virtual grid?

Thanks,
Adnan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2007 03:45 PM UTC

Hi Adnan,

The GenericCollection browser sample demonstrates the implementation of a Generic Collection and how you can bind it to a grid grouping control. A generic collection is one that can handle any Type in a generic and Type-Safe manner. By creating a generic collection, we can get the immediate benefit of type safety without having to derive from a base collection type and implement type-specific members.

Here is a path.
\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\CustomCollections\GenericCollection\

Also refer to the CustomCollection ( \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\CustomCollections\ ) category browser sample for more details.

Best regards,
Haneef

AS Adnan Sohail February 14, 2007 04:46 PM UTC

ok .. i have seen most of the grouping grid
control samples.

I am wondering if it's easily achieveable to get a UI similar to what i have in the example i uploaded.

We are in planning stage and trying to figure out which grid will be the best solution.

Thanks for your help.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon