We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Chart Persistence

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

56318 Feb 13,2007 04:19 PM UTC Feb 20,2007 10:40 PM UTC WinForms 4
Tags: Chart
Surya
Asked On February 13, 2007 04:19 PM UTC

Hi :

Is there any way to persist the chart accross
close/open of applications.

Thanks
Surya

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 14, 2007 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Surya,

Thank You for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Could you please provide us with some more information regarding your requirement, so that it would help us in meeting your requirement exactly?

Thanks,
Ramya.

Surya
Replied On February 15, 2007 02:49 PM UTC

Ramya :

We use syncfusion charts in our application.
Consider that a user create a chart in run-time
and displays it on the screen. When he exists the application, I want to store all the custom
formatting that he has done for the chart say,
chart series type, foreground and background colors,tick size,legend colors etc.In short, everything that can be saved about the chart display.Is there any such provison available in syncfusion charts or do I have implement that by myself ?

Thanks
Surya

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 20, 2007 07:40 PM UTC

Hi Surya,

My apologies for the delay in responding to you.

You can load and save the Chart with its custom settings by using the template.Load() and template.Save() methods.The Chart should be saved in xml format.

But using these methods only certain settings of the chart can be saved and loaded back.Some of the properties that get saved are SeriesType,LegendPosition etc.

I have attached a xml file which shows the properties supported while saving and loading back the chart.

Also kindly take a look at the attached sample and let me know whether this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

LoadAndSaveTemplate.zip

Surya
Replied On February 20, 2007 10:40 PM UTC

Excellent !

Thanks
Surya

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;