We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridListControl values

Hi,
I am populating a dropdown in a cell by setting the datasource to a dynamically generated datatable.

The datatable contains two columns: NAME and NUMBER. The ValueMember and DisplayMember are both set to the NUMBER column and the NAME column is hidden.

When the dropdown value is changed I would like to access the value of the NAME column. How can I do this?

Thank you!

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 03:28 PM UTC

Hi Kav,

One way you can do this by using TableControlCurrentCellCloseDropDown event of the grid and get the value of selected item using theRenderer.ListControlPart.SelectedItem. Here is a code snippet

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellCloseDropDown(object sender, GridTableControlPopupClosedEventArgs e)
{
GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer cr = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer as GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer;
if( cr != null)
{
DataRowView drv = cr.ListControlPart.SelectedItem as DataRowView;
if( drv != null )
Console.WriteLine("Slected Name >>> " + drv["Name"]);
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 09:08 PM UTC

Thank you for the quick solution!

However, now I am facing a different problem where the dropdown doesnt show up on the first click. But the second and consecutive clicks work fine.

This is what I have for the event:

static void gridAsos_TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown(object sender, GridTableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs e)
{
AsosDataset.AsosRogTableDataTable asosRogDT = new AsosDataset.AsosRogTableDataTable();
GridGroupingControl ggc = sender as GridGroupingControl;
GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer cr = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer as GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer;
Record currentRecord = e.TableControl.Table.CurrentRecord as Record;

cr.ListControlPart.ShowColumnHeader = false;
cr.ListControlPart.Grid.Cols.Hidden[2] = true;
int dpac = (int)currentRecord.GetValue("BITM_NUMB");

ggc.TableDescriptor.Columns["DSD_ROG_NUMB"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DataSource = DSDAsosDAO.GetRogList(dpac);
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 09:10 PM UTC

Sorry forgot to log in!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2007 10:28 PM UTC

Hi Kav,

Sorry for the delay in updating you.

We were not able to reproduce the issue here. Is it possible for you to upload us a sample or modify the any of our browser sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon