We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Templates

Hi,

I have a word template with a header and a footer plus some mail merge fields.

I use document.MailMerge.ExecuteGroup to fill the fields. Then I call document.Save to prompt a dialog allowing the user to save the file. Everything works great except for the fact that I lose the contents of the Header and the Footer! Be it images or text, it doesn't show...

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jonathan

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

I created a template with a header and footer plus some mail merge fields and filled the fields using document.MailMerge.ExecuteGroup. But I was not able to reproduce the issue [lose the contents of the Header and the Footer]. Here is the test sample that I used to test this issue.

MailMerge.zip

Here is the output of the sample:

Sample.doc

Could you please take a look at the sample above and kindly let me know if you still find any problem, if not could you please modify this sample so that I can reproduce the issue. This would help me in investigating this issue further.

Thanks,
Melba

TS Teddy Smith February 14, 2007 01:33 PM UTC

Hi,

I found what the issue was. The header and footer work fine as you say, however as soon as I add the € character to my footer (which is the case in my template), everything disapears!

How do I avoid that?

Thank you,
Jonathan

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 15, 2007 10:36 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

I created a template by adding the € character to the footer. But I was not able to reproduce the issue [everything disappears]. Here is the test sample that I used to test this issue.

MailMerge.zip

Here is the output of the sample:

Sample.doc

Could you please take a look at the sample above and kindly let me know if you still find any problem, if not could you please modify this sample so that I can reproduce the issue. This would help me in investigating this issue further.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon