We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Floating Controls should not leave parent form

I have a situation in which I want to allow controls to float but they should not leave the boundaries of the parent control. Can you please help in this?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 07:56 PM UTC

just to add to that...I am using dockingmanager.dock and floatcontrols...

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

There is no direct property is available for achieving your requirement.
However you can set the location of the Float form, in DragFeedbackStop event of the docking manager for achieving the same.

Please refer to the attached sample for more details and let me know if this helps.

Sample

Best Regards,
Poly

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2007 01:17 PM UTC

I understand what you are saying. But the given sample is not working as it should. It momentarily brings back the panel within the parent container(shown with the arrow in the image) but the panel appears outside parent container at the end.

flash.zip

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team February 21, 2007 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Could you please let me know the Syncfusion Version and .net framework you are using?

In .net framework 1.1 the floatingform location is not changing when setting the location in run time.

But the sample is working as expected in VS 2005. Please let me know if you have any issues with the modified sample when running in VS 2005.
Modified Sample

Best regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon