We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Relationship Descriptor Help

Hi,
Please can you help with my problem. I have looked at the ForeignKeyReference and RelatedMasterDetail examples, but cannot quite understand how to do the following.

I have two dataTables where the respective records in each are as follows:

Table1: Entity_One(id, name)
Table2: Entity_Two(id, symbol, formula, price)

Where the primary key for Entity_One is {id}, and for Entity_Two it is {id, formula}. id is a foreign key in Entity_Two from Entity_One.

The relationship is such that for each entry in Entity_One, there are multiple entries in Entity_Two with matching ids.

I would like to display this info in two separate grid grouping controls, with relationships set up so that my 'parent' grid shows Entity_One entries plus the related formula's from Entity_Two in a drop down list, and the price associated with the currently selected formula.

The 'child' grid should show all of the entries from Entity_Two, for the currently selected id in the 'parent' grid.

Please can you explain how relationship descriptors can be used to accomplish this?

Thanks for you help.

Chris

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 09:43 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

You can refer the ForeignKeyKeyWordsRelation browser sample (\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\RelationsAndHierarchy\ForeignKeyKeyWords) that demonstrates a unique relation kind called ForeignKeyKeyWords, that exists between the tables in a dataset. This is a foreign key relation where matching keys in the columns of the parent and child table, define a relationship between the two tables. This is a m:n relation. Field summaries of the related child table can be referenced using a . dot in the FieldDescriptor.MappingName of the main table.

Here is a path.
[install drive]\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\RelationsAndHierarchy\ForeignKeyKeyWords\

Sample : ForeignKeyKeyWords.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 03:31 PM UTC

Hi,

This is ok as a start but does not really help me with my problem. The example displays all of the possible values in the second datatable while I would like to be able to specify which columns to show and how.

If it is not too much trouble, please can you provide a more suitable example?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 14, 2007 12:42 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

You can use the VisibleColumns property of the GridTableDescriptor to show / hide / move the columns in the grid. Below is a code snippet

//For hide the "Col0" column
this.grid.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Remove("ColumnName");

//For show the "Col0" column
this.grid.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Add("ColName");

Here is a forum thread that discuss with simillar issue.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=55885

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon