We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dockingManager serialization

I'm using Essintial Studio 4.4, and implement a Form with dockingManager and 3 gridControls.
All gridControls are docked to the left edge of the Form, and the tab order is as follows:

gridControl1 | gridControl2 | gridControl3

I also add 2 buttons to the Form, to save and load dockstate.

I show this form, click [Save] button, and click [Load] button, without any other operation.
Then the tab order changes as follows:

gridControl1 | gridControl3 | gridControl2

Isn't it possible to persist the order of tabbed Controls bt using dockingManager.SaveDockState() method?
If possible, how can I do?

Docking6.zip

4 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 11:25 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

I am able to see the issue of the tab order being not persisted properly when using SaveDockState() & LoadDockState() methods.

I have logged a bug report regarding the same and will update you within a week with the timeframe as to when the fix will be available.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Golda

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2007 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Golda,

Thank you for your response.

Well, I have two more question about autohide.

I set dockingManager1.VisualStyle to Office2007, and make gridControl1 autohide when Form1 loaded:

// in Form1.InitializeComponent() method
this.dockingManager1.VisualStyle = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.VisualStyle.Office2007;
this.dockingManager1.SetAutoHideOnLoad(this.gridControl1, true);

[About appearance of gridControl1]
I display Form1 and hover cursor on the autohide tab of gridControl1, then gridControl1 suddenly appears without animation.
After moving cursor out of the tab and gridControl1 hided, I hover on the tab again, then gridControl1 appears with animation, not suddenly.
I feel unnatural that gridControl1 appears
suddenly at first time, so I'd like to customize to appear gridControl1 every time with animation.
Is it possible?

[About disappearance of gridControl1]
When I hover on the tab of gridControl1 and gridControl1 appears, I move cursor close to gridControl1 slowly, then gridControl1 disappears suddenly before cursor is on gridControl1.
However gridControl1 doesn't disappear when I move cursor quickly.
I feel unnatural that gridControl1 disappears suddenly when I move cursor close to gridControl1, so I'd like to customize not to disappear gridControl1, no matter how quickly I move cursor.
Is it possible?

Docking7.zip

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 13, 2007 01:56 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the sample and the reproducing steps provided.

I am able to reproduce the above said issues.

I have logged a bug report regarding the same and will get back to you within two days with the time frame as to when the fix will be available.

Thanks for being patient.

Regards,
Golda

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2007 03:53 AM UTC

Thank you for your response.

When will the fix of these problems be available?
Especially the order of the tabbed docking controls is important for me..
Is it possible to control the order programatically?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon