We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Row height question w/ grouping grid

Hello,

I have a grid that shows notes. It has 5 columns and I've used a column set to specify that 4 of the columns comprise one "row" with the text column below. The text can be multi-line and I'd like to call RowHeights.SizeToFit to show all the text, but it ends up resizing the upper for columns because they're in the same row. Is there way to accomplish this?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2007 07:11 PM UTC

Hi Sean,

One comment is that by default, the GridGroupingControl does not support rows with individualized rowheights. To get this support, you need to add a custom GridEngine as in the ResizableRows browser sample( \Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\FeatureSamples\ResizableRows ). The ResizableRows browser sample also shows you how to implement the IGridRowHeight interface and its routines for getting and setting row heights for elements.

Once you have this, then you can call TableControl.Model.RowHeights.ResizeToFit to handle either of these cases. Here is a little sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_Forum_ResizeToFit_a41fcf80.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2007 08:03 PM UTC

Haneef,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the samples you reference and see if I can get the functionality that I'm looking for.

Sean

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon