We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Row height question w/ grouping grid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

56042 Feb 8,2007 06:06 PM UTC Feb 8,2007 08:03 PM UTC Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On February 8, 2007 06:06 PM UTC

Hello,

I have a grid that shows notes. It has 5 columns and I've used a column set to specify that 4 of the columns comprise one "row" with the text column below. The text can be multi-line and I'd like to call RowHeights.SizeToFit to show all the text, but it ends up resizing the upper for columns because they're in the same row. Is there way to accomplish this?

Replied On February 8, 2007 07:11 PM UTC

Hi Sean,

One comment is that by default, the GridGroupingControl does not support rows with individualized rowheights. To get this support, you need to add a custom GridEngine as in the ResizableRows browser sample( \Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\FeatureSamples\ResizableRows ). The ResizableRows browser sample also shows you how to implement the IGridRowHeight interface and its routines for getting and setting row heights for elements.

Once you have this, then you can call TableControl.Model.RowHeights.ResizeToFit to handle either of these cases. Here is a little sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_Forum_ResizeToFit_a41fcf80.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Replied On February 8, 2007 08:03 PM UTC

Haneef,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the samples you reference and see if I can get the functionality that I'm looking for.

Sean

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;