We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Excel Calculation Engine problems (1.1)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

56031 Feb 8,2007 01:02 PM Feb 12,2007 09:05 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: XlsIO
Zoltan Konyves
Asked On February 8, 2007 01:02 PM

Hi,
I have tested the XlsIOCalcEngine sample, but it does not seem to work with .NET 1.1.
What I would like to achieve is to enter a few figures into a sheet, supply a formula and get the result back into my application (ASP.NET). I do not need to save the Excel document, it should just run in the backround. Is it possible with Syncfusion and if yes how?

Thanks,
Zoli

Melba Winshia [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 9, 2007 04:37 AM

Hi Zoli,

1) I tested the XlsIOCalcEngine sample in 1.1 framework and it works fine. Could you please try running this sample and let me know the problem still exists?

XlsIOCalcEngine.zip

2) Here is the sample as per your requirements (to enter a few figures into a sheet, supply a formula and get the result back into my application (ASP.NET):

calc1.zip

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

Zoltan Konyves
Replied On February 9, 2007 10:37 AM

Thanks Melba,

We can enter a few figures into a sheet, supply a formula and get the result back. But it only seems to work for simple formulas such as AVERAGE and SUM. When we try to use more colplex formulas, like
CORREL(array1,array2) or COVAR(array1,array2), the execution fails. We tried to run the followings, which failed with the attached exception:

sheet.Range["A3:D3"].FormulaArray = "{1,2,3,4}";
sheet.Names.Add("ArrayRange1", sheet.Range["A3:D3"]);

sheet.Range["A4:D4"].FormulaArray = "ArrayRange1*2";

RefreshCalcEngine(workbook, false);

sheet.Names.Add("ArrayRange2", sheet.Range["A4:D4"]);

sheet.Range["A5:D5"].FormulaArray = "ArrayRange1/ArrayRange2";

sheet.Range["D6"].Formula = "COVAR(A3:D3,A4:D4)";

//EXCECUTION FAILS HERE!

//EXCEPTION MESSAGE:
Input string was not in a correct format.

public override void SetValueRowCol(object value, int row, int col)
{
//ERROR OCCURS HERE:
excelSheet[row, col].FormulaNumberValue = Double.Parse(value.ToString());
}

thanks,
Zoli

Melba Winshia [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 12, 2007 09:05 AM

Hi Zoli,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I was able to reproduce the problem. I have forwarded this issue to the development team. I will provide a time frame for fixing this issue with in two days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please refer our online documentation [Essential Calculate->Base->Function Reference Section] to know the library functions that are shipped in the Essential Calculate library?

http://www2.syncfusion.com/library/default.aspx

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;