We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel Calculation Engine problems (1.1)

Hi,
I have tested the XlsIOCalcEngine sample, but it does not seem to work with .NET 1.1.
What I would like to achieve is to enter a few figures into a sheet, supply a formula and get the result back into my application (ASP.NET). I do not need to save the Excel document, it should just run in the backround. Is it possible with Syncfusion and if yes how?

Thanks,
Zoli

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Zoli,

1) I tested the XlsIOCalcEngine sample in 1.1 framework and it works fine. Could you please try running this sample and let me know the problem still exists?

XlsIOCalcEngine.zip

2) Here is the sample as per your requirements (to enter a few figures into a sheet, supply a formula and get the result back into my application (ASP.NET):

calc1.zip

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

ZK Zoltan Konyves February 9, 2007 03:37 PM UTC

Thanks Melba,

We can enter a few figures into a sheet, supply a formula and get the result back. But it only seems to work for simple formulas such as AVERAGE and SUM. When we try to use more colplex formulas, like
CORREL(array1,array2) or COVAR(array1,array2), the execution fails. We tried to run the followings, which failed with the attached exception:

sheet.Range["A3:D3"].FormulaArray = "{1,2,3,4}";
sheet.Names.Add("ArrayRange1", sheet.Range["A3:D3"]);

sheet.Range["A4:D4"].FormulaArray = "ArrayRange1*2";

RefreshCalcEngine(workbook, false);

sheet.Names.Add("ArrayRange2", sheet.Range["A4:D4"]);

sheet.Range["A5:D5"].FormulaArray = "ArrayRange1/ArrayRange2";

sheet.Range["D6"].Formula = "COVAR(A3:D3,A4:D4)";

//EXCECUTION FAILS HERE!

//EXCEPTION MESSAGE:
Input string was not in a correct format.

public override void SetValueRowCol(object value, int row, int col)
{
//ERROR OCCURS HERE:
excelSheet[row, col].FormulaNumberValue = Double.Parse(value.ToString());
}

thanks,
Zoli

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 12, 2007 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Zoli,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I was able to reproduce the problem. I have forwarded this issue to the development team. I will provide a time frame for fixing this issue with in two days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please refer our online documentation [Essential Calculate->Base->Function Reference Section] to know the library functions that are shipped in the Essential Calculate library?

http://www2.syncfusion.com/library/default.aspx

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon