We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ContextChoice and LexemBeforeDropper

Hi,

What is the purpose of the IContextChoiceController.LexemBeforeDropper property?
I hoped that setting of this property will help me to define what text should be searched in the context choice list.
But seems that the text, which is being searched in context choice, is chosen internally, considering only whitespaces, operators or DropContextChoiceList property - it seems incorrect and does not give me opportnity to control lexem, being searched in the context list

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 7, 2007 08:39 PM UTC

Hi Olga,

IContextChoiceController.LexemBeforeDropper property returns the lexem before the Dropper which displays the ContextChoice. It is possible to control the lexem being searched in the ContextChoice list using the ContextChoiceUpdate event. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 09:24 AM UTC

ok, I've understood your point.
I have to organize my search, parallel to context choice internal.

On more related question:
Can I determine if showed context choice contains no items because the beginning of the word I've typed does not correspond to any item in the list? According to previous example - I need to do check item existence myself in Update event. Or a better way exists?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 11:16 PM UTC

Hi,

It is possible to determine if the ContextChoice contains items using the IContextChoiceItem.Visible property in the ContextChoiceUpdate event. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon